Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Congrats to both of you for finishing!

Rayfer

Quote from: Anguille on September 06, 2018, 03:24:29 AM
Finally completed my first Grand Campaign in Oriental Empires: Cultural Victory. It's really a great game but i find it hard to win. Imho, the greatest challenge is that the map is so big that the AI empires can grow very big and make a lot of points.

Congrats.  A great game I've put some hours into but have never finished a campaign. Well done!

Sir Slash

Ditto to the both of you.  :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Thanks guys  8)

Quote from: Rayfer on September 06, 2018, 09:53:19 AM
Finally completed my first Grand Campaign in Oriental Empires: Cultural Victory. It's really a great game but i find it hard to win. Imho, the greatest challenge is that the map is so big that the AI empires can grow very big and make a lot of points.

Congrats.  A great game I've put some hours into but have never finished a campaign. Well done!

Very much like Armada 2526 imho, Oriental Empires isn't too hard to get into and build a nice empire. However, i find it hard in both games to be number 1 in terms of points (and to win) especially with the bigger maps. It's also obvious when you see the steam achievements for Oriental Empires, not so many have won games.

airboy

Quote from: Anguille on September 07, 2018, 02:25:20 AM
Thanks guys  8)

Very much like Armada 2526 imho, Oriental Empires isn't too hard to get into and build a nice empire. However, i find it hard in both games to be number 1 in terms of points (and to win) especially with the bigger maps. It's also obvious when you see the steam achievements for Oriental Empires, not so many have won games.

That is very high praise from you.  I'm not big on Asian culture (probably because of the Japanese in WW2), would that hinder my enjoyment of Oriental Empires?

Anguille

Well, the factions look all the same so this lowers the replayability (when you compare it to CIV or else). Each faction has it's own bonuses but there only two really different big groups: the herders and the farmers. The game does look great and i find the zooming amazing. Can't think of any games that does that aspect so well. There are many let's play on youtube so i guess it would be the best to give you an idea.

Anguille

Quote from: airboy on September 07, 2018, 07:43:23 AM
Quote from: Anguille on September 07, 2018, 02:25:20 AM
Thanks guys  8)

That is very high praise from you.  I'm not big on Asian culture (probably because of the Japanese in WW2), would that hinder my enjoyment of Oriental Empires?
The game is on sale on steam right now...11$

Anguille

I finally finished a game that took me more than six years to finish  :uglystupid2:

I won my long lasting game of Birth of the Federation with the Romulans. Balance of Power mod large. It took me 877 turns to win, conquered the Cardassians, most of the Federation (including Sol) and stopped just 3 Sectors away from Ferenginar. I was largely financing the Klingons who helped keeping the Federation and the Ferengi busy. I may post a few screenshots when i have the time.

Kinda of feeling strange to conclude this game after so many years.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Anguille. I finally finished CMFI's Clearing the Nashemi Highway last night with a Total Victory. It was the very first scenario I played back when I bought the game 8/7/2012! So that's about 6 years also. It WAS a long highway after all.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JudgeDredd

Finished a Grand Prix season in an F1 game. The first time ever since Microprose Grand Prix 2!!

Excellent game. Excellent season.

I played as a McLaren driver and came 7th in the Drivers Championship and helped McLaren get 5th in the Constructors Championship.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I can't remember the settings I had, but it was probably between 70% and 80% for AI strength and the only assist I had on was medium Traction Control.

I have had several F1 games prior to Codemasters getting the licence. The Microprose one was the best. GP4 iirc. However, these Codemasters iterations have been getting better and better and F1 2017 was bloody good fun. A few wee issues like repetitive commentary, AI being a bit dumb when you let them past because you're on an in lap...but overall a very solid experience.

Generally speaking I get about half way through a season and kind of give up. Each iteration of the game saw me racing the same circuits and getting bored. Not because of the game, but just because I had driven the same tracks every year.

But this one was wrapped up. Blinder and a new me...over to 2018 :)
Alba gu' brath

airboy

Congrats on Birth of the Federation.  I keep hoping that gog will pick it up.

Tuna

Finished my latest Attila Campaign as the Roman Expedition. This one was the hardest one for me so far, the early fight in Africa was long and drawn out. Then with the end game, I basically had to take everything (didn't have enough religion for the earlier victory objectives).

Anguille

Sir Slash

Well done indeed, Tuna-maximus. This one is a pretty tough campaign if I remember it correctly.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob