Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Finally managed to take all of the Americas in Empire Total War....it was longer than i expected...i think i have one more little campaign left (the amerindians)...

Gusington

That's a TW campaign I have never played.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

airboy

I finished the Grand Campaign 1914 for Strategic Command WW1.  I got the victory in July, 1916. 

In a shocking development, the UK Parliament had a no confidence vote on the Prime Minister and they withdrew from the War before Christmas, 1914.  The Central Powers never declared war on anyone (except Luxemburg whose demise was unnoticed by the world), the German Fleet never went into the North Sea and the Brits left the conflict.

The Germans bottled the French up in Alsace-Lorraine and took Nancy after the French exhausted themselves attacking.  The Austrian-Hungarian Empire held off the Russians long enough for the Germans to get their army to the east.  After that, it was just grind away at the Russians, Serbs, and Italians (when they stupidly double-crossed the Central Powers).

Rayfer

Quote from: airboy on July 04, 2020, 12:30:55 AM
I finished the Grand Campaign 1914 for Strategic Command WW1.  I got the victory in July, 1916. 

In a shocking development, the UK Parliament had a no confidence vote on the Prime Minister and they withdrew from the War before Christmas, 1914.  The Central Powers never declared war on anyone (except Luxemburg whose demise was unnoticed by the world), the German Fleet never went into the North Sea and the Brits left the conflict.

The Germans bottled the French up in Alsace-Lorraine and took Nancy after the French exhausted themselves attacking.  The Austrian-Hungarian Empire held off the Russians long enough for the Germans to get their army to the east.  After that, it was just grind away at the Russians, Serbs, and Italians (when they stupidly double-crossed the Central Powers).

Well done airboy!   :notworthy:  But if the Germans won we wouldn't have had WW2, think of all the awesome wargames we wouldn't have to play today.   :o

Sir Slash

Good point Rayfer. And Congrats to AB for the campaign win. I played this game a little way back but never gave it the time it deserved. I'm glad to see an un-historical ending is possible.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

I finished Erik2's US Corps Campaign 43-44.  This starts with the invasion of Sicily and ends after the capture of Rome.  This is another excellent, free campaign for Order of Battle WW2 you can find on the Slitherine Forum.

Sir Slash

And AB continues the win streak another victory over the Silicon Enemy. Good one AB!  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

I switched sides and playing the Entente in the 1914 Strategic Command WW1 campaign. 

The Germans were marching through Belgium, managed to take Brussels, and stopped.  Antwerp is still in Allied hands.

The Austrians took Belgrade in Serbia, and were stopped after heavy casualties.

My Russian Hordes starting slaughtering the Austrian-Hungarians in Galicia taking several important cities, oilfields, and other industrial centers.  Then the German Hordes transferred from the West and went on the counter-attack in Poland and stopped the Russian advance in Galicia.

It is January, 1915 and so far no German submarine attacks on British shipping.  In something I've never seen, Austria-Hungary gave several cities to Italy to keep them out of the war.

The AI is largely trying to replicate my formula for victory: don't provoke the USA and concentrate on taking out Russia. 

My Brits are shuffling a lot of troops into the Saini to attempt to knock the Ottomans out of Jerusalem and eventually Damascus.   The Russians are attacking along the Black Sea on the Russian/Ottoman border.  The Ottomans are the weakest link in the Central Powers with Austria-Hungary second. 

The previous iteration of Strategic Command AI would have never attempted this strategy.

I have no idea who will crumble first: Russia, Ottomans, or Austria-Hungary.  Nobody is attacking much in the West after Brussels fell.  When the Germans make attacks and leave a weakened unit - I sometimes will pick it off.  Otherwise, nothing much is happening in France and Belgium.

Be interesting to see what happens in 1915 when the heavy artillery starts arriving.

Sir Slash

I managed a Win in Decisive Campaigns Warsaw to Paris by defeating the Brits in the final scenario, "Operation Sealion". I was able to bank a bunch of Political Points from the first 2 victories, Poland, and France, to play a bunch of options that helped get me off to a great start. Totally enjoyed to game especially my favorite, France 1940.  :bd:

Anguille

Well done.

For my part, i finished the Campaign of Northgard...only 11 missions long but fun nonetheless

airboy

Congratulations to you both!

Sir Slash

Finished, the 'Beast of Winter' DLC for Pillars 2 LATE last night. While it's not the greatest thing I've ever played, it manages to be a bit of fun at the end and I enjoyed it. Nice loot and a Mother of a Boss Battle at the end along with some interesting interactions with the Deity of the day in this world, we managed to get things straightened-out for him in the end. Now, it's on to the Game finish I hope.  :clap:

airboy

^ Congratulations!  I never finished Pillars 2 because I wanted to tear that god's head off and shoot it into the sun.

Sir Slash

Thanks AB. That maybe next on my list. The Big Bad in the end hints at a time before the current Gods reigned when 'they' ruled, so maybe a clue to Pillars 3 or more DLC coming.