Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I finished the (British) Desert Rats campaign designed by Erik and distributed for free.  It was quite interesting.  You started with three tiny raids against the Italians.  You eventually end up taking Tunis.  He did a wonderful job with the campaign with only two small bugs across the entire thing - which knowing Erik since I screen shotted them they will get fixed.

Erik2's campaigns are really excellent if you like the Order of Battle game.  He has an astounding 22 campaigns (not scenarios, campaigns) for free.  I have played around half of them.

See: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=80862

-budd-

You are the Order of Battle Jedi of grogheads.........airboy for the win :bd:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

Alright AB!  O0   Making North Africa great again.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

airboy

I finished Kokoda Trail - an Australian Campaign in the interior of New Guinea for Order of Battle WW2.

This was the toughest campaign I've played designed by Erik.  The terrain was horrible.  The Japs had lots of artillery and frequently numerical superiority.  In two of the scenarios I only advanced with a draw.

Gusington

Not designed by Erik but an out of the box campaign for Order of Battle, I finished the Morning Sun campaign a few minutes ago and conquered half of China by the beginning of 1941. Now it's on to the Rising Sun campaign, where I attempt to take on the U.S. after attacking Pearl Harbor. Banzai, byotches.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

I nice added touch to the final mission of Morning Sun was the possibility of capturing Chiang Kai-Shek...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

...and I actually did it - got him!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

The Chinese had already collapsed by the time I got Chiang...it was the last piece of the 11 mission campaign needed to be completed. Took me a couple of weeks to finish this campaign. It was very fun.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

WOW!  :wow:  Very impressive Gus and AB. I feel like a real Piker compared to the two of you.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Do you own Order of Battle? It's a hard game not to love.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Thank you - highly recommended campaign if you're interested in Japanese history.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I played the hell out of Panzer General and the other SSI gems back in the day and for the life of me I can't seem to get excited about the current versions of that type game. I do understand they've come a long way.

Gusington

Yeah me too. Now that you mentioned it I may be slightly burned out on OoB for now...not sure if I will start that Rising Sun campaign yet. But the game has become a mainstay on my desktop. The Morning Sun campaign, dealing with the 1930s, is awesome. For the same reasons I am very interested in the Spanish Civil War DLC for Panzer Corps 2 that just came out but I'm waiting for a price drop.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd