Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

First game I have played in a while that I can honestly remark that I'll be sad when it ends.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

How's the replayability?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

If you like an action RPG style game with parkour, assassinations, combat and exotic locales, the replay can be almost endless. The key is not the variety of things the player can do, let's be honest, it's that the things you do are fun...I never got bored of tomb raiding, I never got bored of visiting the massive ancient cities (Memphis, Alexandria, Thebes, etc.), I never got bored of swapping out the tons of gear, I never got bored of any assassination missions, I never got bored of anything...which is really saying something in this franchise where I have grown bored after 50+ hours in many of the previous games. My one knock is that I wish there was more galley combat.

Black Flag was my favorite until I really poured time into Origins and at 90 hours I am still excited by the last piece of DLC (Curse of the Pharaohs). Beautiful looking, well built and exciting game.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Cyberpunk 2077...first game I've played all the way through in a very long time. Just under 70 hours.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

Congrats on the Win JH.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Good job on the finish :clap:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

W8taminute

Nice.  Good job JH.  Finishing those types of games is always satisfying.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Anguille

Impressive JH! That's some dedication  :notworthy:

Jarhead0331

My biggest surprise in the ending I chose was hearing one of my all time favorite poems. The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot. Totally weird and out of place, but pleasing nevertheless.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Finished for the second time the campaign of Gemini Wars(almost 10 years after the first time).

Sir Slash

Jarhead0331

Was it worth it? The game has a bad rap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 02, 2021, 10:29:28 AM
Was it worth it? The game has a bad rap.
I seem to remember that you played it too in 2012 and that you didn't like it?

For me it was worth it and i think the rating is too hard on the game. I really like the story and the briefings. Reminds me a lot of Conquest Frontier Wars. The biggest problem the game had in 2012 was the DRM which was terrible (online) and didn't work well. They have removed it since then. The pacing of the game is fairly slow (speed can be increased when not in battle) but i am slow myself and so it's ok with me. Then there are some minor bugs. This time, my ships couldn't use the stargate when build but saving and loading the game solved it (don't remember this bug from 2012 though so it might be a windows 10 thing). I am open to suggestions to similar games (missions with videos briefings) that happen in space (i think Haegemonia was also similar).