Main Menu

HA! I finished it!

Started by MetalDog, February 11, 2015, 11:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Thanks W8 and Slash. Happy to report that Act V of Diablo III has a very Bloodborne-feel to it. So until Bloodborne appears on PC (if ever) this will do :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Finished Resident Evil: Village tonight after a 3 hour long finale session  \m/

Loved every minute of it. Best game I have played in a long time.

Miranda, below, the arch enemy...didn't quite 'take what was due':

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

zebon

Isn't it has a long? How much took a time to complete Resident Evil?

Gusington

It says about 13 hours there but Steam says about 21 hours. I think Steam is correct.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I used to know a Miranda that wasn't nearly that pretty. So, the price of the game is worth it for 21 hours?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

-budd-

Congrats on the finish. Haven't played an RE game since #5, and didn't think that was true to the RE theme. This on looks more true to form, maybe the last one also. Holidays sales coming up, see what the discount bring.

Gus there's not a shit load of cut scenes are there? Not a big fan of having a lot of long cut scenes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Well there are cutscenes aplenty for the finale, but they are well done and didn't get on my nerves.

I picked up Village for ~30.00, so for me personally it was totally worth it.

Obviously the game is on rails, but that didn't bother me. I loved every second of it...very well done horror/survival game, and I think even JH would love the weapons and weapon modeling. Lots to customize, really fun.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Well I'll be darned...I actually finished a game, been a long time since I did. The original Mass Effect from 2007.  Great game with an epic unfolding story. 

al_infierno

Congrats!  Unfortunately, story-wise the series goes downhill from there, whereas the gameplay improves with each sequel.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

How many hours did that take, Rayfer?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2021, 07:49:43 PM
How many hours did that take, Rayfer?

Not sure, I had a number of starts and mis-starts with different character types before settling on the one I played through with.  Probably about 25 hours, and that includes doing about 1/2 of the side quests as well as the main quest line. 

Rayfer

Quote from: al_infierno on November 23, 2021, 04:03:57 PM
Congrats!  Unfortunately, story-wise the series goes downhill from there, whereas the gameplay improves with each sequel.

Disappointed to hear that. The combat was ok, a bit repetitive but fun....but it was the story that really made the game.  If I see #2 on sale cheap I'll probably get it anyway.

Sir Slash

Congrats on the win Rayfer.  :clap:    A win is a win no matter how long it takes. I'm still working on beating Pong. One of these days.....
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Just finished the very fun, five-chapter Inca campaign in Age of Empires II - Definitive Edition. Learned a lot from this campaign too - the Inca were one of the largest land empires ever in history, etc.  :nerd:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille