Main Menu

World of Warships

Started by Kushan, June 06, 2015, 11:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on April 24, 2021, 12:35:29 PM
Lives up to her name.

Less like her even faster sister, Le Terrible.  The luckiest of the six Fantastics was probably Le Triomphante, which was damaged by a bomb off Norway in May 1940 and was in Plymouth when France surrendered.  So she got 3 major modernizations during the war and served mostly in the Pacific.

Gusington

Great, interesting stuff!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Just an FYI that WOWS is going to be giving every player 14 days of Premium time for free, starting on Friday, April 30.  Offer is not active yet, you'll need to click the Participate button Friday once the button is active.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/14-days-of-premium-account/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

steve58

Quote from: steve58 on April 28, 2021, 09:59:00 AM
Just an FYI that WOWS is going to be giving every player 14 days of Premium time for free, starting on Friday, April 30.  Offer is not active yet, you'll need to click the Participate button Friday once the button is active.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/14-days-of-premium-account/

14 Day Free Premium time is active! 
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury

I dont know what the give aways are in ships  but in tanks I cant get rid of premium time fast enough.
the last money I spent on the game was christmas loot boxes.  that left me with about 370 days in the middle of December.
I currently have 298 days left.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on April 24, 2021, 02:35:02 PM
Great, interesting stuff!

Here is the Ise, a hybrid battleship named for the Sun Goddess (well the shrine of the sun goddess anyway 伊勢神宮 ):

GDS_Starfury

any opinions on the CC meltdown in WOWS?
I know nothing about except that its bleeding into the WOT forums.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Geezer

I believe WG screwed over one of their longest tenured and most popular CC's, LittleWhiteMouse, so she quit the program and most of the major CC's quit in support of her.  Then WG came out with a really lame ass statement on the whole debacle and never did apologize to her.  They also tried to make people buy loot boxes to get the USS Missouri and everyone was up in arms about that so they are going to make it available to purchase outright at some point.  I've played both WoT and WoWS over the years but I'm done with them because of the way they constantly try to gouge their players.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

CptHowdy

Quote from: Geezer on August 18, 2021, 05:30:46 AM
I believe WG screwed over one of their longest tenured and most popular CC's, LittleWhiteMouse, so she quit the program and most of the major CC's quit in support of her.  Then WG came out with a really lame ass statement on the whole debacle and never did apologize to her.  They also tried to make people buy loot boxes to get the USS Missouri and everyone was up in arms about that so they are going to make it available to purchase outright at some point.  I've played both WoT and WoWS over the years but I'm done with them because of the way they constantly try to gouge their players.

wow hadnt kept up on the forums over there but i always read her ship reviews. im glad the other CC's supported her  :clap:. Wonder if they will nerf it to oblivion before selling it.

i see that they are nerfing credits earned. no matter wont be buying this and probably just deleting game even though ive spent hundreds on it and world of tanks.

Geezer

Here is a long description of the whole mess by Jingles:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWe7SwoVQc&t=470s
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Geezer

Geezer

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Geezer on August 19, 2021, 03:14:03 PM
And the dumpster fire is still burning:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MimLV4i3EqQ&t=270s

I am just a casual player...I put a few hours in once a month and might spend $5 on the game once every six months.

So all of this angst just leaves me scratching my head...guess I'm just not that into the game.

My biggest issue with the game is that it starts to get very "samey" after a while.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MengJiao

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 19, 2021, 05:52:32 PM
Quote from: Geezer on August 19, 2021, 03:14:03 PM
And the dumpster fire is still burning:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MimLV4i3EqQ&t=270s

I am just a casual player...I put a few hours in once a month and might spend $5 on the game once every six months.

So all of this angst just leaves me scratching my head...guess I'm just not that into the game.

My biggest issue with the game is that it starts to get very "samey" after a while.

Same here.  I play for a few weeks every few months.  And not very "seriously" even then.