An Idiots Guide To Losing Your CV's Before 1942: WiTP:AE KyzBP vs UCG

Started by KyzBP, June 22, 2015, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

I was thinking "Dingos!!!!" myself, but I clearly lack the zoological knowledge of Oz that some of you have.  Everything I know about Australian biology I learned from Meryl Streep...

The thing about operating carriers inside range of land-based bombers is that it only takes one or two (good) hits to put a crimp in his flight operations.  1 hit won't necessarily knock a Japanese carrier out of action (especially without fire) but 2-3 hits will start to add up in terms of his ability to fly planes off the decks of those CVs.  Your airfields repair a lot more easily than his carriers.

The trick is just not to run out of planes before you've damaged his flight decks into submission.  It also helps to know that he's got to split his carriers between raiding Eastern Australia and defending surface ships in Western Australia.  Rendering one or two carriers inoperative will have a major impact on his ability to provide Geekanese air power for Australia for a month or two.

KyzBP

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on May 02, 2016, 01:37:45 PM
The thing about operating carriers inside range of land-based bombers is that it only takes one or two (good) hits to put a crimp in his flight operations.  1 hit won't necessarily knock a Japanese carrier out of action (especially without fire) but 2-3 hits will start to add up in terms of his ability to fly planes off the decks of those CVs.  Your airfields repair a lot more easily than his carriers.

The trick is just not to run out of planes before you've damaged his flight decks into submission.  It also helps to know that he's got to split his carriers between raiding Eastern Australia and defending surface ships in Western Australia.  Rendering one or two carriers inoperative will have a major impact on his ability to provide Geekanese air power for Australia for a month or two.

These are the reasons I'm not totally panicking yet.  I've turned pretty much every land based bomber towards the sea in hopes of getting a lucky shot on a carrier.

Now I just need Geek to unbusy himself and return the turn...

Tuna

KyzBP

Quote from: Tuna on May 17, 2016, 09:56:45 AM
No turn from Geek yet?  :'(

I've tried messaging him a couple of times but no response.  I haven't seen him on the forums in awhile either so he may be extremely busy or worse.  As soon as he reappears I'm sure we'll get back to him kicking me around the Pacific.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

jomni

Quote from: KyzBP on May 18, 2016, 04:58:59 AM
Quote from: Tuna on May 17, 2016, 09:56:45 AM
No turn from Geek yet?  :'(

I've tried messaging him a couple of times but no response.  I haven't seen him on the forums in awhile either so he may be extremely busy or worse.  As soon as he reappears I'm sure we'll get back to him kicking me around the Pacific.

Spotted him in Stellaris thread

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

KyzBP

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 18, 2016, 09:23:28 PM
Soon, Stellaris shall win Barbarossa for me.

Soon.

>:D

It looks like our evil plan worked, Jason. O0

BanzaiCat

Damn, I've been gone a while and thought the war would be over by now! ;)

jomni

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 19, 2016, 06:17:40 AM

It seems to be over. 

KyzBP

Quote from: jomni on June 03, 2016, 03:46:23 AM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 19, 2016, 06:17:40 AM

It seems to be over.
Sadly, I've heard neither hide nor hare from Geek in over a month.  I haven't seen him active in the forms neither.  I hope all is well with him.

I'm still holding off reading his AAR just in case he comes back to this.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

He's OK, but I think he's been very busy with his business. No doubt he'll be back at some point though.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

KyzBP

Quote from: bob48 on June 03, 2016, 09:37:34 AM
He's OK, but I think he's been very busy with his business. No doubt he'll be back at some point though.
Thanks for the update, Bob!  I kinda had a feeling that's what it was.  Whenever he's ready I'll be here.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus