An Idiots Guide To Losing Your CV's Before 1942: WiTP:AE KyzBP vs UCG

Started by KyzBP, June 22, 2015, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

Quote from: mirth on June 03, 2016, 10:05:12 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on June 03, 2016, 07:48:48 AM
You are a true 1st Class Gentleman.

How the hell did he end up in this place?
I used my "Gentleman For a Day" coupon.  It wasn't what I thought it was.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FarAway Sooner

Although needing to refill its hand with fresh pooh to fling on a daily basis is getting tiresome...

KyzBP

I received a message from UCG today.  Due to a few different factors Geek has surrendered his forces to "Aussie Sunbathers" and a roving band of Arctic Monkeys. 

A very heartfelt thanks to everyone who followed along with this AAR.  Many times your participation was the sole reason to keep AAR going.

Thank you again! :)

Airborne Rifles

Congrats on your glorious victory! Sorry to see this one end.

besilarius

Congratulations, K.  I think you and UCG did some excellent work.  Hopefully you both feel the same.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

I wish someone could take up Geek's side! -- although anyone reading this thread would have a major starting advantage in scouting.  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

KyzBP

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 26, 2016, 10:01:23 AM
I wish someone could take up Geek's side! -- although anyone reading this thread would have a major starting advantage in scouting.  :'(

Geek proposed the same thing but I think it may be difficult to find someone who hasn't read these AAR's.  If that someone is out there I'd be willing to continue.

Tuna

Fantastic AAR, thanks for going at it, as long as you did!

Excroat3

This AAR was great, one of the staple reasons I began to stick around this forum, seriously bummed that its over.

Sir Slash

All Hail the Conquering Monkey. Congrats on the win KyzBP. I suppose this game is quite the time sink so thank you both for entertaining us all. I too would've loved to see the battle continue but I realize, there is this thing called, "Life". Well played young man!  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Excellent work KyzBP!

It almost made me want to buy the game.

Almost. ;)

(Don't take that the wrong way - this looks like a great game, but I just don't have the time to invest in it. Wish I did!)

KyzBP

Thanks again to all of you guys who participated or just lurked their way around the Pacific with us.  Geek was a fantastic opponent and kept me on my heels the entire time.  It was incredibly fun albeit time consuming but well worth the effort.

If any of you guys are on the fence about this game jump in on the next sale.  If you have it and haven't played a PBEM yet, do it!  Nothing compares to a cunning, unpredictable human being (I'm looking at you, Geek).

I'm off to finish reading Geek's AAR.  I may have some parting thoughts after reading his version of events.

Thanks again everyone! O0

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: KyzBP on June 27, 2016, 03:46:26 PM

I'm off to finish reading Geek's AAR.  I may have some parting thoughts after reading his version of events.

Looking forward to this.

undercovergeek

well this feels like standing in the girls changing room or something - just somewhere where im not supposed to be!!

A big round of applause to KyzBP who was a committed, dedicated and excellent opponent - i might just be asking for a rematch when all my technology is returned