Romero Mod for Fort zombie

Started by Deadskin, May 07, 2012, 01:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadskin

While I enjoyed the game I always hated the "special" undead especially the gun toting ones and their lucky game ending headshots. So I recently went looking for a mod to remove them and finally found one. I know that their are some of you that enjoyed this game so I thought I would post a link here for all to enjoy.  http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=26076

While the special undead have been removed it by no means makes the game easy. They still move at a pretty good clip and seem to be able to put on a short burst when you are close to them.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Damn.. was happy to see a good mod for that.

Then the d/l site asked for registration & login to download the 38kb file.  >:( 

Someone upload it elsewhere, so I don't have to give them an email address to spam?  Thanks!

eyebiter

Do you still have that Romero mod downloaded for Fort Zombie?  The link on 4shared is no longer valid.  Would like to try that if anyone still has it. 

Deadskin

The links worked fine for me just now so I dled both files incase it was a fluke.  If they still don't work lemme know, and I can put them up somewhere.

eyebiter

Will mirror them here for future reference

Version 2 with 2x damage for melee and ranged weapons

Version 1 has increased damage for ranged weapons

Nefaro

Thanks Eyebiter, I may actually try this out sometime now.

eyebiter

Just a note on the install instructions - if you have UAC enabled, make sure to give winrar administrative privileges.  Otherwise it won't extract the files properly.

The mod really improves the game.  Now one or two zombies are no big deal.  Beware when a mob appears that includes zombies armed with melee weapons.  Started a new game, in the first building was 1 hit killed by a baseball bat zombie.

Now the weapons work better, but ammo and loot are still scarce.

son_of_montfort

Is the game any good and does it perform better? I remember trying it a long time ago and my computer literally stuttered constantly.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

eyebiter

They must have fixed the stutter issue with a patch. Runs fine on desktop with Nvidia card on Normal resolution and shadows set to none.

Nefaro

Quote from: son_of_montfort on November 23, 2012, 09:01:14 PM
Is the game any good and does it perform better? I remember trying it a long time ago and my computer literally stuttered constantly.

It has always ran like crap.  I recall my previous computer's vid card running full-out and running extremely hot even though the framerate was okay.

I think the fps may have gone up in the updates, but seems like it still taxed video cards pretty hard.   Which was odd for something with 3D graphics straight from 2001. 

Still, it certainly had great potential in the gameplay, especially compared to most zombie survival games, and this mod is probably what was needed to push it further in that direction.