Pool of Radiance AAR: A GrogHeads™ Experience

Started by BanzaiCat, August 20, 2015, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on April 07, 2016, 08:40:13 PM
I love Detroit.

Quote from: KyzBP on April 08, 2016, 01:57:48 PM
Maybe KYZBP was a little unmotivated and miffed because you were dissing his hometown.

"They're worse than Detroit."
Clerics have feelings too. :'(

Okay, okay, sheesh, I should have elucidated my thoughts a bit more on that joke.

A) I loved Doctor Detroit. Then again I tend to be a fan of 80s and 90s stinker films. (See: Last Action Hero)

B) I was actually referencing Kentucky Fried Movie's mini-movie, A Fistful of Yen, and this classic scene:

KyzBP

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2016, 04:11:20 PM

Quote from: KyzBP on April 08, 2016, 01:57:48 PM
Maybe KYZBP was a little unmotivated and miffed because you were dissing his hometown.

"They're worse than Detroit."
Clerics have feelings too. :'(

Okay, okay, sheesh, I should have elucidated my thoughts a bit more on that joke.

A) I loved Doctor Detroit. Then again I tend to be a fan of 80s and 90s stinker films. (See: Last Action Hero)

B) I was actually referencing Kentucky Fried Movie's mini-movie, A Fistful of Yen, and this classic scene:

Hahaha!  I've never seen that.  You win this round Banzai.

BanzaiCat

If you've not seen Kentucky Fried Movie, it's a delightfully absurd collection of skit comedies by the Zucker brothers and Jim Abrahams, back in 1977, before any of them had made a name for themselves.

If you don't like silly comedy like Airplane!, Top Secret, or The Naked Gun (series or movies), you won't like KFM. :)

The whole movie is full of win, but the 'Fistful of Yen' makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I see it (and is especially hilarious if you've seen Enter The Dragon).

KyzBP

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on April 08, 2016, 04:19:53 PM
If you've not seen Kentucky Fried Movie, it's a delightfully absurd collection of skit comedies by the Zucker brothers and Jim Abrahams, back in 1977, before any of them had made a name for themselves.

If you don't like silly comedy like Airplane!, Top Secret, or The Naked Gun (series or movies), you won't like KFM. :)

The whole movie is full of win, but the 'Fistful of Yen' makes me laugh uncontrollably every time I see it (and is especially hilarious if you've seen Enter The Dragon).

All favorites of mine.  I'll be checking this out this weekend. O0

BanzaiCat

Good deal. Let us know what you think.

And here's a minor suggestion: have some popcorn ready before you start the movie. Just...trust me. Have popcorn handy before you start it up. :)

Oh, and a minor mention: there IS nudity and bad language in the movie, so it's definitely NSFW.

MetalDog

KFM and Amazon Women on the Moon were always favorites growing up!  Good call, B_C!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

FarAway Sooner

BanzaiCat

Update - I took time to break this out this past weekend and it didn't take long to clean out the remaining, final missions. I've taken a ton of screenshots, so hopefully I'll have a chance this week to knock out a post or two detailing the further adventures of Mirth and his backup singers.

FarAway Sooner

I look forward to getting all the gory details on the glorious defeat of Bruce Springsteenthraxus.