DC3: Barbarossa Barthheart vs JasonPratt - No Jason

Started by Barthheart, November 28, 2015, 11:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Again with fuel?!? Man you'd think there's a war on and we don't have enough...

Better keep the flyboys happy so we can have them moving dirt soon.

Barthheart

I'm sensing a pattern here..... This is a fight I really don't want to get involved in....

Barthheart

Ok now something of some import.... and it's got to do with fuel... sigh... The infighting in Logistics is going to cost us this war!

Currently Grecke is not so happy with me while Wagneris more amenable... so let's play nice with Grecke this time.

Barthheart

Finally something that doesn't involve fuel... well not directly anyway.

Since AGN is heading towards Hitler's #1 priority I better make sure the trains run properly. More kudos from Grecke.

Barthheart

And the same thing for AGS... but the cost is way higher and I need to save PPs... so I irk Grecke again... oh well.

Barthheart

Here's my standing with the people that are directly tied to me in some way. Looks like I'm still walk the line pretty good.

Barthheart

Now to some fighting! Let's take a look at the Finns first. I need to be a bit careful with the Finns. If I push them too hard and they take too many casualties they will withdraw from the war and free up a bunch of Russian troops.
If I'm too soft with them then the Russians will have a hayday. But I need to at least have them take back their original territory so here we go.
First we take over a new fort they built during the last few days.

And they fight really well!

Another small battle and some maneuvering and the front now looks like this. Those red B's on the map are the original borders of Finland. If a Finnish unit ends the turn beyond that line then I lose a pile of PPs... so best not...

Barthheart

Because I was able to give AGN's command focus to 4th Panzer Group last round, this round their HQ has some cards I can play. I choose this one as it adds even more APs to the panzers! But doesn't take effect until next turn.

Playing these types of cards costs PPs as well so you don't want to make the decision lightly or change it too often.

Barthheart

After AGN's actions this is their final disposition. Not too bad, another good pocket formed, Kaunas taken and more railway secured.
Here's also thee 4thPG HQ command radius.

And here is a report I can get by pushing this button.

Hmmm... seems the 1st Panzer Div is taking a beating... Let's see his direct report...

That doesn't looks so bad but maybe I'll make sure they aren't leading the charge next turn.

Barthheart

From AGC we get this wonderful battle report from the final crushing of the Bialystok pocket!

And then this disappointing battle report from Brest-Litovsk... next round it will be mine!

AGC's final positions after all the actions. Very good progress towards Minsk and maybe another entire army to be pocketed. 3rdPG HQ is a little exposed but I'm counting on the Luftwaffe to pin down the Russian 3rd Army.

Barthheart

Seems the Russians have ideas of pushing into Rumania. A lot of their troops have actually advanced up to the border. This will make the Rumanian front a tougher nut to crack but push back we did. Hopefully hard enough to so Stalin the error in his thinking.

The rest of AGS is making good progress after crushing a pocket in the rail junction and driving right up to the gates of Lvov. We have reports of a large garrison unit there so they don't attack it this round.... well... they also ran out of fuel!
This is going to be a problem. I need to take Lvov to break the Russian resistance in this area but I need fuel to move the Rumanian armour in the south!
This may accelerate the time table for AGS to start switching out of Blitzkrieg stance....

Barthheart

The entire front at the end of this rounds actions.

From all this I'm starting to get the feeling that Stalin might be focusing on the Southern front. there seems to be more enemy units there than elsewhere... but it may be too early to tell.

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Barthheart

June 30, 1941

Minor counter attacks by the Russians that manage to open a pocket we formed in the north. No matter we'll close it up again.

Here's a look at how the fuel is getting to the Panzer Groups. First is for AGN and AGC.

And then for AGS.

Don't want the truck columns to be longer than 10 hexes or they start to have breakdowns. But I also need to have good location for the FSBs.
For AGN I'd like to move it to Kuanas but need to make the location more secure.
AGC should have the FSB set up in Minks to reduce the number of moves. This will stretch the truck columns a bit but I think it's worth the risk.
For AGS, Lvov is a good location for the FSB but I have to capture it first.

Barthheart

Next is a look at the casualties. Over 400,000 for the Russians vs our 37,000. Very good start. I need to keep this ratio up.