DC3: Barbarossa Barthheart vs JasonPratt - No Jason

Started by Barthheart, November 28, 2015, 11:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Barthheart on November 30, 2015, 10:45:21 PM
MD and Carl, thanks fer reading. Do you like all the detail in the decisions or should I just show what the question is and the result I pick?

There will be more combat shots I promise but the first few turns have lots of "paper work" to sort out.

Personally, I like the detail - it just goes to show how nifty the game seems to be in what it is attempting to portray.

I'd love to see an AAR like this at some point from the Soviet perspective, too.

Barthheart

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on December 01, 2015, 07:27:51 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on November 30, 2015, 10:45:21 PM
MD and Carl, thanks fer reading. Do you like all the detail in the decisions or should I just show what the question is and the result I pick?

There will be more combat shots I promise but the first few turns have lots of "paper work" to sort out.

Personally, I like the detail - it just goes to show how nifty the game seems to be in what it is attempting to portray.

I'd love to see an AAR like this at some point from the Soviet perspective, too.

Hmmm... isn't Jason thread about this game doing the same thing? I don't know because I can't read it yet.

Sir Slash

Yes, Dammit Carl, look down. I thought the combat was looking a little too easy for the Germans. But I'm guessing that's because the Russkies are still in Offensive Stance at the start of the game? How about the bonuses for Concentric Attack? Is that still in the game? I'm guessing the Bonus for Divisional Attack is out but what about units from the same corp?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Dammit Carl!

Barthheart

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 01, 2015, 09:39:16 AM
Yes, Dammit Carl, look down. I thought the combat was looking a little too easy for the Germans. But I'm guessing that's because the Russkies are still in Offensive Stance at the start of the game? How about the bonuses for Concentric Attack? Is that still in the game? I'm guessing the Bonus for Divisional Attack is out but what about units from the same corp?

There's a lot going for the Germans the first few turns. They have Blitzkrieg stance which gives +40 AP and +20% combat. That on top of the Russian Offensive stance which gives -15% defence makes a huge difference.
Concentric attack bonuses are still there and I use them a lot in the opening moves. There's no Div or Corp bonus.

For the Germans you need to rush ahead and then time when you are going switch from Blitz to Sustained Off, when to advance your Forward Supply Base and when to Rest and Refit your Panzers. Each of the last 2 actions will cause your troops to sit still for a turn or 2. Moving the FSB will cause a 1 to 2 turn stoppage of fuel deliveries to the front.
Timing is everything and I think I have a plan.... we'll see it works in the coming turns.

Sir Slash

Gotcha. Does the rest of the war effect the campaign at all, like abstracted events in the west or Med? And how are reinforcements handled in the new game? Don't mean to ask too many dumb questions but just wondering how different it is from DC 1 and DC 2.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

Don't think the rest of the war affects what's going on here... don't think it had much affect in the real war ... did it?
Reinforcements, for the Germans at least, as done in recruitment waves as per historically. These pools then flow down to the individual units. You can set priorities on who gets the stuff first... all like DC2. There's also the historical arrival and departure of certain divisions... with a bit of randomness .

-budd-

I'll be following this, good stuff. AGC looks a little strung out, are there AP's penalties right from the start when out of command range?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Barthheart

Yep. But I also have +40 AP bonus for the Blitzkrieg stance so I can still do  a lot of moving and fighting. But I do need to clear a path so my HQs can advance and still be in the supply chain or there will come a time when the panzers won't move very far....

Barthheart

June 26, 1941

Things are going well. The weather for the next 4 days is great again and again I have lots of decisions to make.

There are some other report I want to read before getting to the paperwork.
Let's check in with Logistics. Good flow of fuel to the front, some bonus oil from last turns decision. And lots of additional PPs. This is important with so many decisions to make.

Barthheart

Next up is my report card for the first 4 days. Seem to be pretty good so far. Keeping the corporal happy is essential to keeping him from changing his mind.

Barthheart

Now here's a report on the losses suffered over the last 4 days. Not too bad. 1:10 in men losses and 1:4 in armour.

Here's the same info in graphical form.

Barthheart

Here's a sample of an Army Group Log report. Fuel flows from the main supply to the FSB to the PG HQ. Good so far. But I'll need to switch out of Blitzkrieg stance as it just burning fuel!

Barthheart

The top decision on the pile today is not a pleasant one. This is why i didn't join the party... the bunch of animals.

However there's not much one person can do against this lot so I'll just carry on with my duties....kind of pissed of my boss though...

Barthheart

Next up is more stuff that I really care about but I daren't let the bumbling Chief of Staff of mine take care of.

I choose to take no action and work with what I have. Someone else can fight this battle.