DC3: Barbarossa Barthheart vs JasonPratt - No Jason

Started by Barthheart, November 28, 2015, 11:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Now for some reports from the front. AGN is still pressing on towards Leningrad. Not much tank country up here so once the 16th Army has caught up with the fighting, I may swing 4th PG south and into AGC's control again and drive on Moscow.

Khrushchev is still reportedly with the Leningrad MD HQ.... wonder why?

I've turned on the "regime colours" map overlay for these shots so it's easier to see who owns what.

Barthheart

In the Center, the large pocket still holds but is one again. So I split off a different chunk. The idea with pockets is to keep the separation large so that they run out of supplies before they can make a connection to the outside again. I still need to make the inner separation larger then 2 hexes but they should be slowing down soon...
The stars mark Orsha and Gomel, the cities I need to take to make the pockets into death traps. 9th Army has done a great job of chewing off the "finger" at the north end of the pocket.

Barthheart

The Southern Front is starting to take shape. Crushed his minor thrust. Captured the rail crossing in the Dnepr bend. Now 11th Army needs to regroup and push towards Rostov along side 1st PG while 17th Army holds the north-east and the Rumanian Armies guard the South.

And to rescue the Lost Division!

Barthheart

Well this has come to and end... the Russians surrendered... gracefully as I continued to hold up the game with slow turn arounds....  :-[

Go here to read the wrap up from both sides:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17083.0