'Game of Thrones' mod for Crusader Kings II

Started by TheCommandTent, May 28, 2012, 03:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

A total conversion mod for Crusader Kings II was released called "A Game of Thrones" after the book series.  I am having a hard time finding screenshots for it but it sounds very interesting.  Below is the link to the announcement and download page.  If I ever find the time to start and finish a new campaign with the vanilla game I might actually get around to downloading this after they work out any bugs. :)

http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic520.html   
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Grim.Reaper

This looks good, but can't figure out how to install and use it.  I have done the following so far.

1)  Downloaded and unzipped the contents in the mods folder under ckII.
2)  I moved the .mod file to the root of the mod directory.
3)  When I started up the game, I selected to use the mod.

However, when the game starts, it still looks like the regular game.  I don't see any different maps or ways to select the new characters and such.

What am I doing wrong?

Nefaro

From the site..
QuoteWhat scenarios are available?
At the moment, our only available scenario is Robert's Rebellion, when Robert Baratheon, Eddard Stark, Jon Arryn, Hoster Tully, and Tywin Lannister overthrew the Mad King and brought the Targaryen dynasty to an end. We are looking into other scenarios for future releases.

So.. is there a new "scenario" in the new game menu, on the left now?  You'll definitely have to select something new there, to get a different campaign. 

I suppose this is from the same guy who created the mod for CKI?  Or is it someone else?  I never tried the previous one in the original CK because it was set way before, or after, the time of the books.  Kudos to whomever did it, though, because that was long before the HBO series came into being.

Grim.Reaper

Thanks, I figured it out.  The default zip file had nested directories, I just needed to make the sub directory the main one.  Working now.  Won't have time to play tonight, but a big fan of it so look forward to trying it out.

T2Paradis

I'm a huge fan of the books, but rarely see any gaming project that actually looks like it's getting the details right.  This looks really good, and I could easily be suckered into giving it a go but I don't want to be disappointed again...