Flashpoint Campaigns Red Storm A Thin Tan Line

Started by RangerX3X, March 24, 2016, 03:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerX3X

The following paragraph is an excerpt from my blog post covering this scenario:

Cycle 6 (30 minutes): During the cycle the first assault wave made it into Rensenbach and managed to secure both the 4,000 and 5,000 Victory Point objectives, but not without heavy losses. Fortunately for the Warsaw Pact, the NATO force defending the town paid a much higher price.

Losses: Warsaw Pact 57/25, NATO 100

Additional Orders: There are eight orders available to me this cycle.

2/RC/14 NVA (4 X BRDM-2 [g]) to Move - Hasty to hexes 1506 and 1105 and then Hold (this is a reconnaissance unit that I am moving up to the edge of the forest in order to observe any enemy reinforcements coming from the north).
A/C SU-25 (2 X Su-25 Frogfoot) to perform an Air Strike on hex 0816 with a two hex Discretionary Target Zone Radius (the weather has improved to clear conditions with 6,250 meters of visibility).
SP Rocket Battery 1 (6 X BM-21 Grad) to deploy FASCAM (minelets) at hex 0717 (this is just beyond a bridge crossing point that western reinforcements would need to take into Rensenbach).
SP Rocket Battery 2 (6 X BM-21 Grad) to deploy FASCAM (minelets) at hex 0709 (this is the main highway running south through Altbauerschaft).
1 SP Arty Battery (6 X 2S7M Malka) to barrage with Neutralizing Fire on hexes 0816, 0917, and 1016 (this is the wedge of British troops surrounding my southernmost units). The spread is right to left.
2 SP Arty Battery (6 X 2S7M Malka) to barrage with Neutralizing Fire at the same locations, however the spread is left to right.
2/SPA/14 NVA (6 X 2S1 Gvozdika) to deploy a Smoke Screen at hex 0916 (the southernmost unit in Rensenbach).

This will leave one order not issued this cycle.

For the full after-action report please follow this link to my blog.