Pro Football Strategy 2016

Started by 21sec, May 12, 2016, 11:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 07, 2016, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 06, 2016, 05:01:47 PM
Wow....steep price for mobile translation....does it have more features than the $4 mobile version?  Although a decent time waster on my tablet, don't think its good enough to spend that kind of money on it.

Did he add any more features to the PC version?

I want to pick it up, but the price was a bit higher than expected and there is no Free Agency in it.  But it's a new "career" football sim, so I'll probably pick it up in the next few months.

I haven't heard any differences, but not sure.  Hope he did not make a mistake in his pricing strategy......personally feels more like a $15-$20 game, especially since the mobile version is $4 and not that different.  Not sure how accurate steam charts are, but looks like maybe at most 8 people playing this game at a time.

http://steamcharts.com/app/499070

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 07, 2016, 05:52:33 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on September 07, 2016, 11:26:44 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 06, 2016, 05:01:47 PM
Wow....steep price for mobile translation....does it have more features than the $4 mobile version?  Although a decent time waster on my tablet, don't think its good enough to spend that kind of money on it.

Did he add any more features to the PC version?

I want to pick it up, but the price was a bit higher than expected and there is no Free Agency in it.  But it's a new "career" football sim, so I'll probably pick it up in the next few months.

I haven't heard any differences, but not sure.  Hope he did not make a mistake in his pricing strategy......personally feels more like a $15-$20 game, especially since the mobile version is $4 and not that different.  Not sure how accurate steam charts are, but looks like maybe at most 8 people playing this game at a time.

http://steamcharts.com/app/499070

Did the mobile version have extra additional paid DLC, like some tend to do?  Perhaps extras were all bundled up in the PC version?  Or not...

I can understand a slightly higher price, even if it's just a straight port, but that IS quite a leap if the feature set & content is the same.

Grim.Reaper

I don't recall any dlc for mobile version, I know I didn't buy any.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 08, 2016, 04:24:33 AM

So why is this thing listed at over 8x the price of the original?  That's quite a disparity.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on September 08, 2016, 09:55:07 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 08, 2016, 04:24:33 AM

So why is this thing listed at over 8x the price of the original?  That's quite a disparity.

Because the developer can do what he wants:)

...and me the consumer won't be purchasing..not just because of price, but it doesn't have anything that would make be play it over other football games.

Tosh

Thanks to the helpful advice of GR and Nef I finally broke down and got me APC Football along with the projection season and the 1990 season, while its on sale.
Now I can try to win a Championship for the talented, but unfortunate Bills.
Thank you again guys.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tosh on September 08, 2016, 06:32:12 PM
Thanks to the helpful advice of GR and Nef I finally broke down and got me APC Football along with the projection season and the 1990 season, while its on sale.
Now I can try to win a Championship for the talented, but unfortunate Bills.
Thank you again guys.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions about the game...enjoy.

Grim.Reaper

Saw the developer just release the updated version for mobile and it is.......$6.99.  Head scratcher still.

Tosh

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 08, 2016, 06:46:40 PM
Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions about the game...enjoy.

Hi GR,

I don´t don´t know whether to post here or to PM you, but just in case, someone's lurking, I choose to go publicly.

So far I´m enjoying APC very much and think its superior to Sat 10, because it offers way more play calling options.

But here is my question. As the projection season is out for a couple of days, I would like to know , if there  is a way to play this season "twice" simultaneously.
On the one hand to pick a team and follow it through its season, and on the other hand to pick the most interessting match up on a specific game day.

Grim.Reaper

Projection season was released last night, so now available.

You can install the projection and any regular season multiple times....when you choose the option to install the season within the game, just change the name to something unique....you can install as many times as you want and then you can switch between them.

Tosh

Ah. good to know. Thanks for the info GR. Btw. whats your prefered prefered playing style concerning the projection season?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tosh on September 16, 2016, 05:24:32 PM
Ah. good to know. Thanks for the info GR. Btw. whats your prefered prefered playing style concerning the projection season?

What do you mean by playing style?  I typically pick my favorite team and try and play along with the current season...game a week just to see if I can do better then they do in real life.

Tosh

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 16, 2016, 05:30:11 PM
What do you mean by playing style?

Picking a Team vs picking a match up on a given game day. I was just curious to know. While I have a favorite team (Steelers for no obvious reasons), and like to follow quite a lot of teams (Packers, Bears, Jets, Chiefs and some others),  I usually don´t play them, because I like playing some underdog teams. But that can be quite frustrating over the course of a season, esp. given my inexperience.

Grim.Reaper

Not me, I only play my favorite team in all sports games:)  Steelers are also my favorite team and they should be represented really good in the projection season! 

Tosh

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on September 16, 2016, 05:30:11 PM

I typically pick my favorite team and try and play along with the current season...game a week just to see if I can do better then they do in real life.

If they put up a 13-3 record for example that's quite an ambitious task. That's why I choose lower tier teams. Just to increase my chances to do better than they in real life. I'm weak. ;)