DC3 Barbarossa, Bart vs Jason, aftermath discussion thread

Started by JasonPratt, May 29, 2016, 09:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on March 16, 2017, 11:48:02 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on March 16, 2017, 10:55:28 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 15, 2017, 01:52:08 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on March 15, 2017, 09:55:25 AM
I loved DC 1 AND DC 2. I like pushing all those counters around that gorgeous map with real roads and rivers to cross. Case Blue also has a reasonable attempt at a Naval Element in the game and, is a lot to deal with, but is quite the challenge and fun. I'm not sure I like the change to larger scale units in DC 3. Give me back my all my hundreds of regiments please!

We need to play a game of Warsaw to Paris.... I'll even take the French?  :D

!!MASSIVE

JEALOUSY!!  :tickedoff:

Although if we do a sequel Case Blue game I would be mollified.  :coolsmiley:

I'll play you Warsaw to Paris if you'd like. And I'll even take the French.  :D

Go guys! DARs mandatory of course  :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Sir Slash

I'd buy a ticket to see a Jason vs Barth DC 1 match-up. Maybe even Pay-Per-View.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Full campaign, or just Case Yellow then?

(For those who don't know, DC1 consists of three scenarios which can be linked together in an ongoing campaign -- and this linked campaign can be played mp. It's also possible to co-op a side against the AI.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

Just Case Yellow would be my choice.... although Case White is a really good fight too... but Yellow is still my favourite.

Which side do you wish to take?

Sir Slash

I would think Case White might not be a fair fight MP though I'd love to see an entire campaign played out. The Poles really have a hard time trying to stop the Germans especially against a veteran player. Or am I wrong about this?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Barthheart

The victory conditions for this game are setup really well. The Germans have a very tight schedule to maintain, they must do at least as well as history, and if the Poles can derail their drive even a little the Germans will lose.

For the Poles it's about where and when to put up a fight and where else to just throw units as speed bumps. It's one of the best games versions for this campaign that I've ever played.

The Battle for France on the other hand is extremely hard to win as the French even for a veteran player. It can be done but it's very rare.... hence the challenge!  >:D

JasonPratt

Part of the point to doing a linked campaign (of only White and Yellow if you wanted, no SeaLion or optional), would be to use a successful Polish delay to help France prepare to parry the Germans and ruin their plans. Case White helps balance Case Yellow, in other words.

I'd be okay with skipping SeaLion if we did a linked campaign, just stop with historical. But if you really just want to do Yellow, or only White-or-Yellow, for time's sake, that's okay.  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Barthheart

Interesting..... sure White and Yellow it is.

No variants.

Who's who?

JasonPratt

I'd still be the Germans. The intention is still so you can play the French.  O0 Weiss would be the strategic preliminary to that, and so an extension of the French campaign.

No variants is fine.

Barthheart

O0

Well... the pressure to do this seems to be building so maybe we should just do it. When do you want to start? I guess anytime is good for me.

Oh and which version? 1.52g or the 1.60b beta?

Sir Slash

Putting my Life on hold, severing all ties to friends and family, and making a doctor's appointment to ensure I don't croak and miss anything.

JasonPratt

I am definitely not playing the beta, just to be safe. (Edited to add: unless they're saying the beta will ruin saves once it goes to the main version.)

PBEM ++ via Matrix again? I think that worked okay last time; we just need to be sure NOT to turn on the autocheck for alerting to a reload (vs save scumming). Otherwise we'll be caught unable to save during a turn again, which will limit how often we can send in turns (as we wait for long enough time blocks to open up to run a full turn).

Barthheart

Ok, PBEM++ without the PBEM security. Version 1.52g. Me allies, you bad guys.

Set'er up and let'er rip.   \m/

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 17, 2017, 12:14:40 PM
I'd still be the Germans. The intention is still so you can play the French. Weiss would be the strategic preliminary to that, and so an extension of the French campaign.

Yes, YES!

Quote from: Barthheart on March 17, 2017, 12:17:04 PM

Well... the pressure to do this seems to be building so maybe we should just do it. When do you want to start? I guess anytime is good for me.

Yes, LOTS of pressure. Do it.

Quote from: Sir Slash on March 17, 2017, 12:26:56 PM
Putting my Life on hold, severing all ties to friends and family, and making a doctor's appointment to ensure I don't croak and miss anything.

All that, plus stocking on Mac'n cheese cans so don't need to leave house either. Ever.

CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Quote from: Barthheart on March 17, 2017, 12:45:26 PM
Ok, PBEM++ without the PBEM security. Version 1.52g. Me allies, you bad guys.

Set'er up and let'er rip.   \m/

:clap: :clap: :clap: