Main Menu

10th Avenue FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, July 29, 2016, 05:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Bought Fleet Command from Steam and installed the excellent NWP mod. Just been playing around with the game as I haven't installed it for many years. It's still a good simulation.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bbmike

Rimworld and 7 Days to Die are the most likely choices.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Anguille

Looks like that i am going to play mostly  the following games:

- Horizon
- Master of Orion IV
- Tropico III
- Oriental Empires

Raied

After long vacation on Mexico's shores, I am back to work ...and gaming, now I am lost seeing my library full of new game bought during the summer sales, deciding what to play, not seeing a good updates from paradox recent games, I think I will restart a campaign on DC:B.

panzerde

I'm still very much on an 18th C. kick, so it'll be more Prussia's Glory/Prussia's Glory II boardgaming for me along with beginning to work through the Battles of the Age of Reason Primer with Fontenoy. Otherwise it's just returning outstanding PBEM turns on games, though most of my PBEM opponents seem to have decided it's summer and they should be outside or something.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Gusington

Is Oriental Empires due out anytime soon?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 29, 2016, 02:55:15 PM
Bought Fleet Command from Steam and installed the excellent NWP mod. Just been playing around with the game as I haven't installed it for many years. It's still a good simulation.

Is the NWS mod still available? I may have an archived copy somewhere but no idea where to even begin looking.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2016, 05:41:11 PM
Is Oriental Empires due out anytime soon?
There's a good chance that they will release it before CiV VI... ;)

WallysWorld

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2016, 05:51:26 PM
Is the NWS mod still available? I may have an archived copy somewhere but no idea where to even begin looking.

I got the 19.2 version here: http://janesscsfleetcommand.freeforums.org/nwp-download-archives-t180.html
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Staggerwing

Quote from: WallysWorld on July 29, 2016, 06:01:34 PM
Quote from: Staggerwing on July 29, 2016, 05:51:26 PM

I got the 19.2 version here: http://janesscsfleetcommand.freeforums.org/nwp-download-archives-t180.html

Thanks! I thought NWS had done away with those mods (incl. the Fighting Steel one).
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Hofstadter

Got permission to record an interesting game in the next few days. I dont know if i can say because of the NDA mjolnir hammer but its been an interest here
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Gusington

Before Civ VI...excellent. Without revealing too much do you think we here will be pleased?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2016, 10:37:19 PM
Before Civ VI...excellent. Without revealing too much do you think we here will be pleased?

Not sure, it updates on the day I make my video so we will see.
My wargaming channel

Rayfer

Quote from: Hofstadter on July 29, 2016, 11:39:03 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2016, 10:37:19 PM

Not sure, it updates on the day I make my video so we will see.

Stop the tease and bring it on!   ;)

Hofstadter

Alright on august first im releasing a showcase vid on oriental empires
My wargaming channel