Main Menu

10th Avenue FRIDAY

Started by MetalDog, July 29, 2016, 05:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronX

Quote from: panzerde on July 29, 2016, 04:24:54 PM
I'm still very much on an 18th C. kick, so it'll be more Prussia's Glory/Prussia's Glory II boardgaming for me along with beginning to work through the Battles of the Age of Reason Primer with Fontenoy. Otherwise it's just returning outstanding PBEM turns on games, though most of my PBEM opponents seem to have decided it's summer and they should be outside or something.

I really enjoyed Grant's book on Fontenoy as a teenager. Gamed the battle on the tabletop a lot.

Tuna

World of Warships of course.. sale on Russian Hardware this weekend, so may try for a new Cruiser or Destroyer.

Fired up FSX Steam for the first time in my Win 10 machine.. took me awhile to get FSDT JFK v2 working, but once I did, all went smooth. Did a flight from KJFK to KBOS in my RealAir Turbine Duke.

panzerde

Quote from: IronX on July 30, 2016, 10:01:05 AM
I really enjoyed Grant's book on Fontenoy as a teenager. Gamed the battle on the tabletop a lot.

It's an interesting battle and I think a very interesting period. The BAR system seems like it'll be a very sophisticated simulation of 18th C command, albeit complex.

This is what I'm tackling with the Prussia's Glory system today: http://obscurebattles.blogspot.com/2014/11/kolin-1757.html

I'm even tempted to maybe do some video commentary...
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on July 29, 2016, 10:37:19 PM
Before Civ VI...excellent. Without revealing too much do you think we here will be pleased?

Well, it's a 4x done by a team of guys who have a lot of experience doing them. The question is more whever people have enough interest in old China, chinese cultures and chinese factions.

Nefaro

Quote from: panzerde on July 30, 2016, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: IronX on July 30, 2016, 10:01:05 AM

It's an interesting battle and I think a very interesting period. The BAR system seems like it'll be a very sophisticated simulation of 18th C command, albeit complex.

This is what I'm tackling with the Prussia's Glory system today: http://obscurebattles.blogspot.com/2014/11/kolin-1757.html

Nice!  O0

panzerde

Quote from: Nefaro on July 30, 2016, 12:22:38 PM
Quote from: panzerde on July 30, 2016, 11:14:20 AM

Nice!  O0

I've posted a couple of videos in the Tabletop AAR forum.

Boggit

Quote from: Anguille on July 29, 2016, 03:18:43 PM
Looks like that i am going to play mostly  the following games:

- Horizon
- Master of Orion IV
- Tropico III
- Oriental Empires

And we have one more turn I think of our FoG Carthaginians vs Romans bash, plus I've put up another for you. O0 ;D
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Anguille

Quote from: Boggit on July 30, 2016, 09:32:40 PM
Quote from: Anguille on July 29, 2016, 03:18:43 PM
Looks like that i am going to play mostly  the following games:

- Horizon
- Master of Orion IV
- Tropico III
- Oriental Empires

And we have one more turn I think of our FoG Carthaginians vs Romans bash, plus I've put up another for you. O0 ;D
That's great!  O0

MengJiao

Quote from: panzerde on July 29, 2016, 04:24:54 PM
I'm still very much on an 18th C. kick, so it'll be more Prussia's Glory/Prussia's Glory II boardgaming for me along with beginning to work through the Battles of the Age of Reason Primer with Fontenoy. Otherwise it's just returning outstanding PBEM turns on games, though most of my PBEM opponents seem to have decided it's summer and they should be outside or something.

All boardgames these days it seems.  Two weeks ago it was a week of Burning Blue and this week and next week looks like Wing leader.  after that maybe Hoplite, flying colors and Fontenoy eventually.

mirth

Quote from: MengJiao on July 31, 2016, 09:36:34 AM
  All boardgames these days it seems.  Two weeks ago it was a week of Burning Blue and this week and next week looks like Wing leader.  after that maybe Hoplite, flying colors and Fontenoy eventually.

Nice. Some good games there  O0
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

FarAway Sooner

In honor of the title thread, I'll get in a belated response.

I'll read reviews of 5 titles I really want to buy (but won't buy any), look at my Steam Library for 20 minutes, clicking on different titles and thinking about them, start up a game and get 5 minutes in before deciding I'm not really in the mood, and then get distracted by election articles I see on the web ("Hillary Runs over Puppy while Cackling Gleefully" or "Trump Ridicules Brain-Damaged, Quadraplegic, Learning-Disabled Army Veteran for Having a Lisp", etc.).  I'll then decide to go to bed instead.

I'm in a bit of a gaming funk these days.  I have a few titles I want to start and a few others I'd like to finish, but when it comes time to fire it up, I'm having a hard time with commitment!

???

panzerde

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on July 31, 2016, 10:36:27 AM
In honor of the title thread, I'll get in a belated response.

I'll read reviews of 5 titles I really want to buy (but won't buy any), look at my Steam Library for 20 minutes, clicking on different titles and thinking about them, start up a game and get 5 minutes in before deciding I'm not really in the mood, and then get distracted by election articles I see on the web ("Hillary Runs over Puppy while Cackling Gleefully" or "Trump Ridicules Brain-Damaged, Quadraplegic, Learning-Disabled Army Veteran for Having a Lisp", etc.).  I'll then decide to go to bed instead.

I'm in a bit of a gaming funk these days.  I have a few titles I want to start and a few others I'd like to finish, but when it comes time to fire it up, I'm having a hard time with commitment!

???

I've pretty much been that way for the past month or so. Maybe two months. Tough to get started on anything.

MengJiao

Quote from: mirth on July 31, 2016, 09:58:40 AM

All good!  But I'm back in the manloft for the weekend and it looks like APEX (ARMA III) is going to be the big thing!

W8taminute

Quote from: MengJiao on July 31, 2016, 12:53:03 PM
Quote from: mirth on July 31, 2016, 09:58:40 AM

All good!  But I'm back in the manloft for the weekend and it looks like APEX (ARMA III) is going to be the big thing!

Have you tried the BattleRoyale mod for ARMA III?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd