Jomni's No Man Sky Diary

Started by jomni, August 17, 2016, 08:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

I think I will start a diary / captian's log sort of thing.  I will write down what I'm up to in the game. But no promises on how detailed it may be. Depends on my mood. And I won't commit to a frequency of update as I don't play this every time. 

My primary goal is to add immersion to my gameplay. As well as show you guys what NMS has in store.  It may also prove how varied or boring the experiences are in NMS.  I have come to the conclusion that plant life is repetitive and animals look the same.  The procedurally generated life forms are nothing great and overhyped. You get superficial variations but their core features are essentially the same.

Sir Slash

I'm in. But only if you name a planet after me. A big one with lots of those rings around it. Slash-terrium or something like that.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Quote from: Sir Slash on August 17, 2016, 10:47:11 PM
I'm in. But only if you name a planet after me. A big one with lots of those rings around it. Slash-terrium or something like that.

I'll name a pug after you if you don't mind.  I actually haven't seen a planet with rings so far.

Sir Slash

OK. The Pug Home World then.  ;D  This one looks like one I should stay away from lest I get lost wandering the Cosmos forever looking for the next great screenshot.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Subscribed!

And perhaps I'll start catching up with how things are going in Fortresscraft...  :))
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

So here I am in this world I call the "Frosty Hostile Land" in Jomni III System (I claim all the systems I come across).  It's a cold place.  And things are out there to kill me.  The drones here are pretty aggressive and they attack me even when I do nothing.  So I must always keep moving around.  I was attacked by one type of fauna which I call "Rabid Turtle Bunny".  Occasionally, there are storms which uses up the heating energy of my suit so I have to use metals to activate the reserve heating if I'm far from shelter.

I found this ship which has one more slot than my old one so I decided to make this mine.  But I have to repair the parts.  I repaired the Jet Propulsion and the Launch Thruster and Pulse Engine so that my ship is ready to go.  I wanted to fix the Shields and Jump Drive too but I have mined the last Heridium in the vicinity.  Since walking around on foot and gathering resources is very dangerous with all the active droids, I decided to fly my new ship that's not completely repaired.

I stumbled across a comms terminal in an abandoned observatory.  Solving the puzzle, I was informed of a place of interest in some part of this planet.

Flying around, I saw some ships landing in a clearing.  I went to investigate and was delighted to see a trading post.  I couldn't talk to the pilot of the ship for long as those droids will start shooting at me when I keep still so I went indoors. 

Inside, I found a better Multitool (Mining and Combat weapon) with a grenade launcher.  So I bought it to replace my standard one.  I also sold loot and bought some resources to fix my ship but it's still not enough.

The trading post was manned by a Vy'keen named Beaushan.  The Vy'keen are a pretty intimidating race of warriors.  So far, the only thing I understand from him is 'interloper'.  I guess he's referring to me.  They're generally friendly though constant interaction.

Walking around, I found a new creature and I call this the "Iron Eating Iguana".  Because it eats iron and it looks like an iguana.

I figured, I really need to get back to the space port to obtain the materials that I need to fix the ship instead of scouring Frosty Hostile Land.  So I took my new ship to space for the first time.

The ship is fixed now and I'm ready to go back to the planet to get some "valuable resource" for trade.

Sorry about the big pictures.  I will try to resize them before uploading next time.

Grimnirsson

QuoteSorry about the big pictures.

No pics are shown to me...
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

jomni

Quote from: Grimnirsson on August 19, 2016, 03:18:03 AM
QuoteSorry about the big pictures.

No pics are shown to me...

Is it the same for everyone else?

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

jomni

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 19, 2016, 04:43:49 AM
Yep...no pics here either

Must be google photo settings. Does it work now?

Staggerwing

I could see the pix yesterday... but today= nada  ???
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Crossroads

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

mirth

Quote from: jomni on August 19, 2016, 04:47:56 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 19, 2016, 04:43:49 AM
Yep...no pics here either

Must be google photo settings. Does it work now?

I can see this one, but not the others

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Barthheart

Same here... just the first pic...

Grimnirsson

I can see all pics now except no. 2
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de