Main Menu

FRIDAY Child

Started by JudgeDredd, September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Ok.

1.  That Saga game sound really interesting, Mirth.

2.  What Guadalcanal game, SDR?

3.  That tune wasn't bad, JD.  I might borrow that for a surf video...would fit well for the gray, cold surf we have.

4.  I'm not digging SOW: Waterloo as much as I thought I would.  Meanwhile, I've totally pimped out my SOW: Gettysburg install with some killer mods, to include a cool 10 mile square map.  So I'll be doing some Army v. Army sandbox fights on that.  Not sure what else, yet.  Probably Mount and Blade and some other online shooter, maybe ARMA 3.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Silent Disapproval Robot

Conflict of Heroes: Guadalcanal by Academy Games.  It's a board game covering tactical land battles at the platoon/company level (counters represent squads or weapons teams).  I've played the first three scenarios so far and have zero wins to show for it.  It's a lot of fun and the Bushido rules for the Japanese side really add a lot of immersion to the game.  I know Matrix/Slitherine has released PC versions of earlier titles in the series.  I'm not sure if they plan to do this one as well.

https://theboardgameshow.com/2016/07/05/review-of-conflict-of-heroes-guadalcanal/

Gusington

I am so boring and predictable.

-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
BEER
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3
-Witcher 3

Going to level up a bit before I go off to Novigrad in Witcher 3 but damn this game is exciting, engaging, and loin moistening. I think about it like I think about women.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

^ The books are also very good, Gus.  I've read two or three of them.  I haven't played through all the games yet, but what I've seen thus far suggests that the two complement each other very well.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

I read the very first book, The Last Wish, but none of the others. I did get the World of the Witcher book recommended by bboyer and it was pretty good as an coffee table type intro to the game world.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Toonces on September 30, 2016, 05:24:30 PM
Ok.

1.  That Saga game sound really interesting, Mirth.

2.  What Guadalcanal game, SDR?

3.  That tune wasn't bad, JD.  I might borrow that for a surf video...would fit well for the gray, cold surf we have.

4.  I'm not digging SOW: Waterloo as much as I thought I would.  Meanwhile, I've totally pimped out my SOW: Gettysburg install with some killer mods, to include a cool 10 mile square map.  So I'll be doing some Army v. Army sandbox fights on that.  Not sure what else, yet.  Probably Mount and Blade and some other online shooter, maybe ARMA 3.

What's bothering you about Waterloo
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 30, 2016, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.

Yeah!!!  I can mention DCS and not fire it up too!!!  And then there is what I'm likely to be doing:  Churubosco!  (a small offshoot from Gringos!). 

I did play DCS.  I flew with the kids.  The boy (who is not quite 3) preferred the P-51, but he likes any truck better than any airplane so he wasn't that into DCS.  ARMA3 is his idea of a good game, truck-wise (He says project Cars is "Bad Cars")...The girl (who is six), went from crashing her Mig21s to a pretty elaborate set of schemes involving ejections and watching missiles and so on.  I didn't realize that the ejection logic in the game doesn't open the parachute if the ejection is too high or too fast.  But it does so we watched one pilot drop in his seat for quite a while before his parachute opened and he left the seat.   O the drama!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: MengJiao on October 03, 2016, 05:05:34 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 30, 2016, 09:46:35 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 30, 2016, 02:19:45 AM

DCS - I mention this every week and every week I don't fire it up - I'm determined to do so this weekend. Which module, I don't know.

Yeah!!!  I can mention DCS and not fire it up too!!!  And then there is what I'm likely to be doing:  Churubosco!  (a small offshoot from Gringos!). 

I did play DCS.  I flew with the kids.  The boy (who is not quite 3) preferred the P-51, but he likes any truck better than any airplane so he wasn't that into DCS.  ARMA3 is his idea of a good game, truck-wise (He says project Cars is "Bad Cars")...The girl (who is six), went from crashing her Mig21s to a pretty elaborate set of schemes involving ejections and watching missiles and so on.  I didn't realize that the ejection logic in the game doesn't open the parachute if the ejection is too high or too fast.  But it does so we watched one pilot drop in his seat for quite a while before his parachute opened and he left the seat.   O the drama!
I didn't...again  :'(
Alba gu' brath

Jarhead0331

I ended up playing mostly Elite Dangerous, with a little ARMA 3 sprinkled in. The Unsung Vietnam mod was updated (finally have Cobra Gunships to pilot), as was the Halo mod Operation Trebuchet. Its amazing what some modders are able to accomplish.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

I found a cursed sword, a big-ass dragon, and a baby Fish-Man pet in Pillars of Eternity- White March. Stone-cold sober, swear to God.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

That Unsung mod is amazing.

Gusington

I find that very hard to believe Slash.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

I got an email from this finnish guy asking me to review his game, the hive, some kinda story based RTS. I asked him where he got my email and he said he found it on youtube

Ego +5

I played a little bit of it and....its simple. He didnt Go through my channel i think. This video is going to suck big time.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Sir Slash

What? That I was stone-cold sober, or that I swear to God? I think He swears about me sometimes so..... :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Swatter

Quote from: Hofstadter on October 03, 2016, 08:36:38 PM
I got an email from this finnish guy asking me to review his game, the hive, some kinda story based RTS. I asked him where he got my email and he said he found it on youtube

Ego +5

I played a little bit of it and....its simple. He didnt Go through my channel i think. This video is going to suck big time.

Your confidence is inspiring!