Sick of the Election? - Vote For Airboy! (Completed)

Started by airboy, October 12, 2016, 08:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Week 40 - The Week Before The Election

I concentrated my thugs who can make my issues more important, make Hillarys! less important, or hurt her turnout in three states: California, New York and Pennsylvania.  Airboy's last two campaign stops were New Jersey and California.  Airboy is rolling the dice for a landslide.

airboy

WikiLeaks Halloween Bombshell!

WikiLeaks released two videos on Halloween.  The first shows Hillary! walking across a stage last week.  Her shadow seems to show her true form.  Although the video was never shown on the major networks (except for Fox), it got 30 million YouTube hits in 48 hours.  The Drudge Report showed the sequence of photographs. Hillary's! staffers immediately claimed the video was faked, but then the 11 cell phone video's appeared to back the claim.

The second video shows Hillary! reading a "hungry caterpillar" story to children.  Hillary says the caterpillar will "eat your brains" and "no one will like you ever again" if the child's parents do not vote for Hillary!.  However, the Clinton campaign claimed that the "video was faked" because Hillary! had not had any unsupervised classroom visits with anyone below the age of 14 in three months.

Hillary's True Form??

Did Hillary! Read this Story to 6 year olds?

airboy

Airboy's Final Television Ad

Airboy pulled all of his television ads discussing the need for a strong military, how ISIS should be destroyed, why the USA should fight witch disease (Zika).  Instead, Airboy ran a final TV ad that is the strangest ever seen in Presidential Campaign History.

Airboy's Final TV Spot  
Airboy looks at the camera and says: "I know most of you are sick of the campaign.  So I want to help improve your mood before the election."  The ad continues with a series of shots of children with dogs.  The final shot is a video of an Asian child wearing a crown who then takes a second toy crown and places it on a dog's head.  Airboy has a voice over where he says "He will wear it with honor."

The ad then shows Airboy holding the same child who crowns him with a toy crown (which falls over one of Airboy's eyes.  Airboy say's "if elected I will serve with honor."  Then both he and the child burst out in laughter.  The same dog enters the scene and is jumping on the seated Airboy holding the child and slobbering them both.

Political pundits are stunned by the ad.  Chris Matthews of MSNBC is struck speechless - which causes his 20 viewers to rejoice.

Airboy - Serve With Honor

bbmike

Did they ever change the election results so that you could step through them state by state? I always hated the end of the game when it flew through the results without stopping.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on October 27, 2016, 05:41:45 PM
Did they ever change the election results so that you could step through them state by state? I always hated the end of the game when it flew through the results without stopping.

Yes - you can look at the final returns in each state now by clicking on the icon at the top of the state and looking at the detailed results.  They also give you an aggregate breakdown of the national exit polls. 

JasonPratt

I think Bbmike was asking about the actual process of revealing the state results: it used to fly along from state to state, but it would be nice to step through them manually (or more slowly) to build more tension.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 27, 2016, 08:33:49 PM
I think Bbmike was asking about the actual process of revealing the state results: it used to fly along from state to state, but it would be nice to step through them manually (or more slowly) to build more tension.

Yes, that's what I meant. It sounds like they did improve it a bit, though.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

You can see where you are on each State by clicking on it.  You do not have to travel to a State to do this.  However, how you stand on various issues in the State is revealed by the level of campaign HQ you have in that State.  If you have no campaign HQ - then you get both opponents awareness, expected percentage of the vote (you, opponent and undecided) and you get your standing on the top 5 issues in that state.  With an HQ upgrade, this goes to 10 issues in a State.  With the final upgrade you get the top 20 issues or so.

Issue standing is how important the topic is to Dems, Repubs and Independents.  But that changes with national TV advertising and candidate speeches and interviews.

Having an HQ builds awareness.  It builds faster with better HQs and reveals more issues.  That can be critical to finding out a secondary issue important in a group of states that is not opposed anywhere.  With the highest HQ I think you start getting awareness in adjacent States, but I could be wrong.

It does not take that long to click on the States of interest and see how you are doing.  The map color is "generally" accurate.

airboy

Here are two screenshots from another game.  New York does not have a campaign HQ and only shows my standing on 5 issues. 
Pennsylvania has a level 2 HQ and shows the first 15 issues (you can only see the first 12 or so on the screenshot).  You click on the (i) symbol in the corner of a state to get the information.  But the amount of information is determined by if you have an HQ and the level of that HQ.

This is why it helps to build an HQ before you give a speech or buy and ad.

I'm not expanding the screenshots because they are from a different game.

BanzaiCat

Haha, great work, airboy. You're making me want to revisit GROG THE CONQUEROR FOR PRESIDENT.

airboy

Election Results!

Airboy Wins! 

The Witch only takes 2 states!

New Jersey is the only contested State that I fell short in.

Moving my thugs on the last turn to New York and California narrowly moved them to Airboy.  The last TV Ads with the children and dogs reminded people that Airboy was against Witches.  It reminded America of the threat posed by witches, but in a happy and fun way.

The Russian military exercise in the English Channel was the turning point.  I probably would have won without that provocation, but that enabled me to win in a landslide.  This has been the only game where I took both California and New York.

I hope you have enjoyed this AAR.  I found some of the events in the game to weirdly mirror both reality (the Russian Naval Exercise) and the weirdness I threw in (Hillary likes puppies!).

Winner!

State Map - A Sea of Red

Exit Polls 

JasonPratt

55% of the actual vote, 98% of the electoral = MANDATE OF THE PEOPLES!  >:D

BBmike, I don't think Airboy understood what we were asking about.  ::) :P
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

That's... President Airboy now. What colored lights will you be shining outside the White House I wonder? And did you drop a house on Hillary or will she be coming-back for more?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 29, 2016, 12:27:03 PM

That's ok, I don't think Stardock ever understood it either.  :D
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

airboy

Quote from: bbmike on October 31, 2016, 05:33:29 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on October 29, 2016, 12:27:03 PM

That's ok, I don't think Stardock ever understood it either.  :D

I got a PM.  I'll try to answer what I think your question is.

The states get revealed one by one in the election results starting with Maine and working west.  It goes pretty quickly and it just shows if the State is red or blue.  You can look at the individual details after the results are provided.  It is not a lot of suspense (or the suspense is very fast).  There is no way that I know of to mod the game to make the state by state rollout a little slower with the election returns.