12 year customer reward Matrix, help me Choose!

Started by Yskonyn, November 17, 2016, 03:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

I just received a 41% discount coupon for being a customer for 12 years.
Two years ago I chose WitW with my coupon, but now I am curious what you guys would pick!

If only Distant Worlds 2 was on pre-order! ;)

The voting is open!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

PanzerFaust

Matrix Games never does pre-Order, and Distant Worlds 2 hasn't even been announced officially yet, so I wouldn't wait for that if I were you.

Have you played Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa? Command: Modern Naval Air Operations?

JudgeDredd

God - their Coming Soon section looks paper thin.  :'(

CMANO
DC Barbarossa
It might be a good time to get World in Flames at 40% off

I'm afraid my love of Matrix stuff took a bit of a dive years back...there seems to be very little that interests me since a specific event took place there. Too many tablet oriented games for my liking. I remember a time when their Coming Soon was brimming with anticipated games.
Alba gu' brath

Raied

Get DC: Barbarossa if you dont have it, it is a must.
Also Flashpoint Campaign Red Storm is essential.

If I have a discount cupon now I will either get Campaign series ME or Tigers on the Hunt.

Grim.Reaper

Strategic command releases today and if affordable price, I plan to use my own coupon on that.

Raied

Speaking of which, Matrix just put a Christmas hat on its logo on their website... so soon .. sales?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Raied on November 17, 2016, 05:00:15 AM
Speaking of which, Matrix just put a Christmas hat on its logo on their website... so soon .. sales?

Usually around thanksgiving so can't be far.....

PanzerFaust

I think right now the wargaming roster of Matrix Games is undergoing renovation, with tons of awesome titles which have already been released, and now those titles will get sequels and it's going to take a while.

Kind of like when a football club is really successful - so you don't change its players as everything is working perfectly, but then they get old and at some point their cycle ends and you need to renovate and it takes a couple of years...

And it could be related to the new engine.

GJK

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 17, 2016, 03:09:10 AM

Two years ago I chose WitW with my coupon, but now I am curious what you guys would pick!

Do you still play WitW?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Toonces

Yassy,
Don't tell anyone, but I think that coupon might work for your entire shopping cart.

Anyway, CMANO is awesome and something I think you'd like.

WitP is always a good pick.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Quote from: PanzerFaust on November 17, 2016, 05:16:14 AM
I think right now the wargaming roster of Matrix Games is undergoing renovation, with tons of awesome titles which have already been released, and now those titles will get sequels and it's going to take a while.

Kind of like when a football club is really successful - so you don't change its players as everything is working perfectly, but then they get old and at some point their cycle ends and you need to renovate and it takes a couple of years...

And it could be related to the new engine.

All this. I'm not worried yet -- they've been releasing a lot of stuff in recent times, and with more things being released on Steam they can kind of coast a bit as those get transferred over.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Back to the OP: if you pick Panthers in the Fog, I hear there's an opportunity to write a review for it on something called the "Front" "Page"...

:-"
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BigBlueFleet

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 17, 2016, 04:24:09 AM
God - their Coming Soon section looks paper thin.  :'(

I'm afraid my love of Matrix stuff took a bit of a dive years back...there seems to be very little that interests me since a specific event took place there. Too many tablet oriented games for my liking. I remember a time when their Coming Soon was brimming with anticipated games.

I feel the same way and I'm rarely critical of Matrix Games operation. Obviously there is a market so I was thinking it's just me or my taste.

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 17, 2016, 03:09:10 AM
I just received a 41% discount coupon for being a customer for 12 years.

If only Distant Worlds 2 was on pre-order! ;)

The voting is open!

I bought the new Drive on Moscow with my coupon. I didn't get much savings because the price was economical to begin with but not disappointed  (beer and pretzels ) game if that's to your liking.

spacht

There is no need to choose as the coupon can be applied to your whole shopping cart. Just get them all.  :bd:

jomni

More things has been released under the Slitherine brand at reasonable prices.

And lately things just appear out of no where instead of creating hype in the coming soon section.