12 year customer reward Matrix, help me Choose!

Started by Yskonyn, November 17, 2016, 03:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

I got a reply from Slitherine on my support ticket regarding never receiving anniversary coupons for 12 years. There response was to wait until next summer when my 13th anniversary rolls around and let them know if I didn't receive it around that time.I asked why my account information stated that no anniversary coupons were issued and they said that would not be activated unless I redeemed a coupon. Bummer. You think they would throw one coupon my way especially since I never redeemed one. Oh well, the 13th time is a charm.

JasonPratt

Spent my 12 year loyalty coupon on Order of Battle: Blitzkrieg (which I'll be curious to see how it compares with Panzer Korps's early campaign(s)); Scourge of War: Waterloo; and GG's War in the West plus the expansion.

Grand total after sale and coupon, a little over $53. Worth noting: OOB:Blitz was not in fact included in the sale (being a new release).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

chemkid

My 4 years anniversary coupon went for WitW, too! Sale+44%!! And what a great looking game that is! TBH, I'm not yet sure why folks want the map modded... OK, little bit more contrast would be nice but hey, atm it's a real treat for my eyes. See you later... Gotta invade Sicily...

Yskonyn

Yeah I like WitW's aesthetics much as well!
Congrats on your purchase gents!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

bobarossa

My anniversary coupon is due on the 27th.  Is WitW the monster that WitE and WitP:AE are?  Does it have enjoyable, smaller scenarios?

jamus34

Still need to pull trigger on DC: bar and WitW. I want WitE too but that will need to wait until next sale I think
Insert witty comment here.

chemkid

Quote from: bobarossa on December 22, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
My anniversary coupon is due on the 27th.  Is WitW the monster that WitE and WitP:AE are?  Does it have enjoyable, smaller scenarios?
here's a scenario list (incl. Torch DLC) - enjoyable, i don't know, yet... I'm very optimistic!!!

Intro Air Campaign - 4 turns (Air Campaign)
Intro Operation Husky - 7 turns

Rommel Attacks 43 - 5 turns (Torch DLC)
Operation Dragoon - 6 turns (Torch DLC)
Breakout and Pursuit - 11 turns
Westwall - 12 turns
Bulge to the Rhine - 12 turns
Battle for Tunesia 43 - 19 turns (Torch DLC)
Operation Diadem to the Gothic Line 44 - 20 turns (Torch DLC)
Weakest Link - 20 turns (Air Campaign) (Torch DLC)
1945 Campaign - 33 turns (Torch DLC)
Breaching the Gothic Line - 36 turns (Torch DLC)
Torch to Tunesia 42-43 - 37 turns (Torch DLC)
Pointblank Directive - 42 turns (Air Campaign) (Torch DLC)
Salerno to Rome 43-44 - 42 turns
1944-45 Campaign - 62 turns (D-Day Start)
1944-45 Campaign - 64 turns (May Start)
Battleground Italy 43-45 - 95 turns
The 4th Supreme Command - 109 turns (Torch DLC)
1943-45 Campaign - 109 turns (Additional Air HQs)
1943-45 Campaign - 109 turns

cheers!

Rayfer

Quote from: bobarossa on December 22, 2016, 12:43:38 PM

I've played all three. WitE and WitW are not in the same class of monster as is WitP:AE.  The East/West full campaigns are huge and complex but their UI's are far more user friendly than Pacific.  West has more complex air-war and amphibious landing elements to it than does East, making it the more complex of the two.

JasonPratt

Worth noting: alpha work has already started on WitE2, as per the plan to synch it with WitW eventually. (The 2016 front page retrospective features a respondent working on the alpha. The game won't be out in 2017 however.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

What does this 'Sync' mean? Can WitE2 and WitW be 'connected' together? Or will there be yet another game 'War in 39-45' or so? If that's the case I would appreciate the WitP:AE getting the WitW/E UI overhaul. :P
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."