MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries announced

Started by steve58, December 04, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I liked this when I tried it on xbox 1. Will probably get it on steam at some point. I hope the AI\spawn mechanic has improved by then.

"We are very excited to announce the May 27th release date for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Xbox Series S and X, Xbox One, GoG and Steam (PC). The first DLC, "Heroes of the Inner Sphere" will release at the same time. "

https://mw5mercs.com/news/2021/03/53-mw5-xbox-steam-and-dlc-release-dates?fbclid=IwAR3DyVCnKU1JBwKjHlvvli3RQf32GDEGcAdHUsGR1Dr9fmQGtPKCDnyJ9A4
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

I'm still interested, but not if the game mechanics aren't drastically improved. Here's hoping for good news!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

On sale @ Fanatical for 23.99, I finally got it in anticipation of getting the Inner Sphere DLC too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

Got the game on steam and really enjoying it. I even had a friend join my campaign via the coop menu. It's pretty relaxing shooting up enemy bases and mechs. Even if they spawn in waves. Fun painting my mechs and naming my mech company as well. Although the selection of symbols is still a tiny number. Would have been cool if they had all the famous units symbols to choose from.

Bit bummed though that consoles got in the way of infantry that they promised. Apparently the xbox cannot handle infantry and so infantry will be released as a mod for the game by the devs. A very good example of why console and pc co-release is not necessarily a good thing.

But in general the game is great fun so far. Really enjoyed the new intro as well. The original was so half baked and unprofessional. The AI now uses jump jets as well, which they did not do before.

Gusington

^Are you using the new Inner Sphere DLC?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

NOPE, not using the DLC. I am loving the game at the moment so will get it at some stage I think. But it was not worth it in the steam bundle. Their did not seem to be any discount for getting both.
Believe it or not my coop friend says that the new mechs are in the base game anyway, however the "hero" variants are missing. Cannot confirm this presently myself though.

Gusington

Interesting! Thought for sure you were. Steam chatter says the DLC does improve the game.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

hellfish6

I enjoy it so far. In the best and worst ways, it reminds me a lot of the Battletech turn-based game that came out a few years earlier, except it's first-person and missing some of the management stuff. Mechs are a lot more detailed, though, as is repair/salvage. The missions are kind of repetitive, though... if you played the turn-based game, the missions and pacing will feel awfully familiar.

Fetrik

I  bought the game and the dlc a few days ago. Due to the steam chatter i got into the career mode (dlc) right away. So far it has been mostly fun. Lance ai suck ass and I installed the no friendly fire mod.

Destraex

I had no idea the DLC would improve the base campaign? How does it do that exactly. I kinda feel like buying the DLC and restarting my campaign if that is the case.

Gusington

Check it out on Steam, I don't know the details offhand.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Fetrik

Quote from: Destraex on June 05, 2021, 07:39:48 PM
I had no idea the DLC would improve the base campaign? How does it do that exactly. I kinda feel like buying the DLC and restarting my campaign if that is the case.

I haven't touched the campaign so i can't speak about that. But in career mode you start with 4 mechs in the factionspace of your choice and go happily mercing around wherever you please.

kludger

Quote from: Destraex on June 05, 2021, 07:39:48 PM

I picked up the DLC and am really enjoying the revamped (finally finished) game along with the DLC. It mainly adds extra chains of missions with some custom maps and new Hero mechs as the end reward. Overall after having bought the original on Epic and getting bored after 10hrs of that obviously unfinished game, with this new version and DLC, I restarted the campaign (it has a different start) and have already put 50hrs into it, having fun with quests, jobs, and chases for favorite mechs. Here's hoping they followup with more enhancements (bigger union class drop ship) and DLC (Clans, Fedcom Civil War).

Gusington

^Thanks man. Putting Inner Sphere in my Steam cart right now :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

kludger

Also not sure if this is new with the update or not but MW5 now supports nvidia Ansel photomode, anytime you want to capture the pew pew, just hit ALT-F2 and you can capture the moment in freecam mode, example attached.