Could this be a sign...

Started by Centurion40, January 28, 2012, 04:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

... that North Korea is 'softening'?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/27/world/asia/north-korea-mia/index.html?hpt=wo_bn4

QuoteWashington (CNN) -- The United States will send a team to North Korea this year to search for the remains of missing U.S. veterans of the Korean War, the Defense Department announced Friday.

The search -- the first such mission in seven years -- will be conducted sometime this spring by members of the Joint Prisoner of War/Missing in Action Accounting Command.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

I see it only as good news. We shall see.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Extraordinary.  I'd sooner have expected them to give the finger and tell us where to stick it, so this is a pleasant surprise. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Greybriar

I was hoping the situation in North Korea would take a change for the better after Kim Jong-il died last month. This development is encouraging.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

GDS_Starfury

I of the opinion that the kid isnt in charge and that the military is calling the shots now.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Centurion40

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 30, 2012, 07:19:45 AM
I of the opinion that the kid isnt in charge and that the military is calling the shots now.

Agreed.
Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

mirth

8,000 U.S. servicemen still listed as "unaccounted for". Damn, I had no idea it was that high in NK.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

I think you dudes may be a little too optimistic for change...

According to this...
The search -- the first such mission in seven years -- will be conducted sometime this spring by members of the Joint Prisoner of War/Missing in Action Accounting Command.

There have been prior searches under the watch of the previous regime...so this, in and of itself, does not necessarily mean anything is going to change.  The only thing we can hope for is that the new kid has a healthy appetite for McDonalds, rap music and xbox.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 30, 2012, 03:02:21 PM
There have been prior searches under the watch of the previous regime...so this, in and of itself, does not necessarily mean anything is going to change.  The only thing we can hope for is that the new kid has a healthy appetite for McDonalds, rap music and xbox.

That point is well taken. However, it does seem to be a thaw, and given the recent change in power, it *could* be a sign of things getting better, though I agree with you that's unlikely.