DC1: Warsaw to Paris - Jason vs Barthheart

Started by Barthheart, March 20, 2017, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Crossroads on March 28, 2017, 08:27:19 AM
Quote from: Barthheart on March 27, 2017, 07:52:53 PM

Points 4,5, and 6

:bd:

Will be interesting to see how the first turns will evolve, and which card you'll finally opt to play.

I agree. The first few turns will set the tone for the game I think. It will be interesting to see if he takes the bait....  :coolsmiley:

Barthheart

Second turn complete and returned to JP.... interesting stuff happening....  ^-^
Just too burned out to type it up right now, I forgot how brain draining the game can be playing against a human...  :nerd:

Barthheart

Sorry for the delay.

September 3, 1939

German taunt this turn.... I think maybe he wanted to do that sooner... but we'll see.....

Barthheart

Some people take up arms. This time in more useful locations.

Barthheart

Start of turn 2 and he's managed to get 2 more VPs... need to keep this slow pace of loss. Also his troop loss percent is creeping up at a good rate. 1% per turn will put him over the top by the turn 11.

Barthheart

While taking a drive in the German back field a unit comes upon and airbase full of planes and promptly attacks!

This screen says they all retreated...

But this ones says they all got destroyed.. I believe this one.  :knuppel2:

Barthheart

Ok Northern Front report.

More bridges blown and more units move into blocking positions.

Yellow, orange and purple arrows show lines of advance to cause trouble. Elbing is definitely possible, while Konigsberg is a bit of t stretch but anything to pull him out of the advance.

Locations 1 and 2 are where I was able to attack and damage a couple of HQs he advanced too far forward. If he keeps that up I'll really slow his advance by knocking down his command bonuses.

Grey circle shows a pocket full of Germans. These guys will not have received any supply at the start of next turn. And since supply is only calculated at the start of the turn, even if he breaks out if I can close the loop again they will still be out of supply and start to feel the effects of low supply on turn 4.

Oddly, at the brown arrow, he sung this division North instead of South...  ??? Not that I'm complaining as it's going the wrong way....

Barthheart

Central Front.

Not a lot of action here on our part, falling back, protecting Lodz, blowing some bridges.

Oh yeah and my Winged Hussars driving on Frankfurt!  :D

He's across the river near the bottom of the picture but has no operational bridges there.. yet so low supplies crossing.

Barthheart

Southern Front

This is where I think my spoiling maneuvers are going to have the largest effect.

See that HQ at Location 3? Well that's the Army HQ for all the units in the purple circle. This is important because of the way that supply gets delivered in this game.
Supply starts at his upper most HQ, which is a unit called OKH in Frankfurt by the way  ;), and flows to the ArmyGroup HQ, then down to the Army HQs then to the Corps HQs and finally to the combat units. In that entire path there are only 250 movement points for the supplies to use to reach the farthest unit. Now roads and railroads costs supplies only 1 MP so you really want to have your HQ located on them so they don't use up many MPs. Now take a look at where the 14th Army HQ is located....cutoff rom roads and rails, trapped behind rivers and dense terrain. All these use up those precious MPs just to get to that HQ. Then the supplies have to travel back out and get to the Corps HQ and then to the divisions.

What I have here in the purple circle is essentially one big pocket. Easy for him to reconnect but just as easy, so far, for me to remake. This should really slow down the Southern advance.

Barthheart

For those who like stats here are the losses for my army and his. I've lost only twice and many as he has. Again, if I can keep this up, the Germans will go into France with reduced forces.  :bd:

Barthheart

And finally an over view of the entire campaign. Only 2 turns in but I'm feeling good... so far....

Barthheart

I'm playing turn 3 tomorrow night. My wife is out of town for a couple of weeks so updates should be faster.

Crossroads

And so it begins! Encirclements and Supply will be something I am especially following with great interest, ditto your Partisan Hussars living off the land  :bd:

Your defence behind the rivers from Lodz to Krakau looks formidable, not much reserves around Lodz though...
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Yeah, Lodz is pretty thin right now.

If any Germans get across the river in front of there the whole river line is to fall back and surround Lodz... as best they can.

Barthheart

Hmmm... seems to be lots of traffic in Jason's thread... maybe I should catch p with my AAR...  :P
Jason sent me turn 4 last week while I was out of town. Going to play the turn tonight and then get the AAR going again...

It's killing me to not read his stuff.... especially with all the work he seems to be putting into it.