Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor

Started by Jarhead0331, June 20, 2012, 03:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I've always thought that motion technology more or less sucks testicles and my greatest fear was that consoles would rush to capitalize off of the Wii craze.  Well, xbox came out with the kinect and PS3 came out with the move.  Up until recently, there were no games dveloped exclusively for either motion system that I felt I really wanted.  However, now they've released Steel Batallion: Heavy Armor for the Xbox Kinect and initial reports indicate its an unmitigated disaster. 

Why would you go from an original controller set-up with over 40 buttons and keys, two control sticks and a set of rudder pedals to absolutely NO CONTROLLER at all?  Its like opposite ends of the spectrum...Steel Battalion: HA looks like it would have had serious potential, if only it could have made use of the original controller, or even a traditional xbox controller as well.  forcing the use of motion sensing technology was a huge mistake.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

I saw the promo vid to this game on Xbox.com a while back and I was skeptical.  You just echoed my thoughts.

The Kinnect is a horrible waste of gaming money.  I know, I fell for the hype and got one when it was on sale.  To date, I've only used Kinnect for one video chat session with a friend, and a few gaming sessions of Fruit Ninja with the kids. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Jack Nastyface

Sad to hear this...I was REALLY looking forward to Steal Battalion.  I liked the interesting take on Mechs (appears to be gritty WWII melieu) and I was hoping you would be able to use just the xbox controller.  I can't even use the motion control Xbox thing for the weapons mod part of Ghost Recon. 
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

W8taminute

I haven't even bothered to try using the Kinnect to mod my weapons in GReFS.  But I am finding that the control scheme using the regular controller is outstanding.  I'm playing much better in GReFS than any other FPS I've ever played.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk