Combat Mission or wait for something else?

Started by acctingman, April 03, 2017, 04:00:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinsdale

Quote from: Boggit on April 06, 2017, 12:16:37 AM
I take it you don't scout out an area before you move into it? ;)

Scouts? Scouts are just poorly equipped infantry :)

I was pretty good at Shock Force, and the 1st generation games. For reasons not entirely unknown to me, I'm consistently terrible at Normandy. Every map feels like there's no flank, that I'm going over the top at the enemy, and I'm not good at picking out depressions/hills for cover.

GJK

Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

demjansk1942

I have Normandy and Red Thunder, never play them compared to Cmbb.  I really loved Cmbb, so easy to play and less fluff.

Yskonyn

Everyone with the required modules should check this campaign out:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/124791-cmbn-british-campaign-for-king-and-country/

The first mission is a very well done depiction of a beach landing in CM. To my knowledge never before has one been made, let alone so well.

His other campaign for CMRT should be top notch as well, but I haven't played it yet.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Boggit

Quote from: Yskonyn on August 01, 2017, 06:15:08 AM
Everyone with the required modules should check this campaign out:

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/124791-cmbn-british-campaign-for-king-and-country/

The first mission is a very well done depiction of a beach landing in CM. To my knowledge never before has one been made, let alone so well.

His other campaign for CMRT should be top notch as well, but I haven't played it yet.
Thanks Yskonyn. Downloaded, and stuck the mod folder in my Z folder, so hopefully will be OK.  :bd:

There is a couple of Omaha Beach scenarios - one is a standalone from the Saving Private Ryan Campaign, although you can play it in the campaign too. IIRC I downloaded them from "The Few Good Men". If You can't find them PM me and I'll email the files over to you.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat