War in the East - Road to Smolensk -

Started by Con, April 22, 2017, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Con

I went and opened photobucket again and cut and pasted the direct address again

edited to remove broken links

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

-budd-

now the images from the very first post are MIA
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Con

Wierd. When i open the thread on my iPad I see what budd is saying that the images are MIA. I don't know if it means anything but I was trying to organize my photobuckt albums and put a new folder in it for the wite images. Maybe moving the images to this folder in photobucket is causing the problem?  Anyone else have any other advice?  I will try re posting the images tomorrow and playing around if putting them in a different album is causing the problem

Con

-budd-

maybe the link changes when you move the files to the new folder? only thing i can think of. Looking forward to this, i need all the tips I can get, thx for taking the time.

Sir Slash

That looks like a lot of ground to cover Con. How many days per turn again?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Weird. I could see all the snaps originally. When the no-snap repost went up, I couldn't see those snapshots (kitten yowling instead), but I thought I recalled scrolling up thread and still seeing them.

Now I get only kitten yowls for the first post; the second post, only the second snapshot remains everything else is kitten yowls; third post, all the snaps still exist.

Con's post here, I can see both snapshots

Quote from: Con on April 25, 2017, 07:37:41 PM
I went and opened photobucket again and cut and pasted the direct address again

This is it below
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/conradmaher/WitE%20Smolensk/Turn%201%20Detection_zpsogbikqeu.png

I uploaded the image again
http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/conradmaher/WitE%20Smolensk/Turn%201%20Detection_zpsrhphd43j.png

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

What do you guys have against little pu#@ys.... I mean little kittens?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Con

OK I deleted the old photobucket folder replaced the images and then copied and pasted them back into the original post.

I can see them on my computer but let me know if you can see them in post 1

Thanks
Con

-budd-

post one the photos are back, second and third post not so much. I can see one photo in post 2, none in 3.

Con

I have only redone post 1. Now that I know this has solved the problem I will fix the other posts

Thanks
Con

JasonPratt

Agreed, post 1 snaps are back. Tho some could stand to be reduced a little in width.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Con

I should have fixed all the images apart from some of the other posts where there were quotes etc.  If posters want to go in and delete the quotes to clean it up etc feel free.

I remember there was a thread on how to resize images but I havent been able to figure it out based on googling right now so sorry it will be wider images unless someone has some suggestions.  I was hoping Snagit would allow resizing (it does) but my problem is that i am taking different size images (square vs horizontal rectangle vs vertical rectangle) that the resizing is not working out for me when editing the image.

Anyhow now that i have fixed the image not displaying issue now I need some time to write up the turn 1 battles and moves

Edit I found out how to resize the images but when I do shrink them I thik it looses a lot of details let me know what your preference is.

Con

JasonPratt

Eh, it isn't a big deal, and doesn't even affect all your images (maybe not even half).  O0