Close Combat 3 The Russian Front

Started by TheFjordFox, November 28, 2021, 03:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFjordFox

I'm upset that people got upset over this! :P

I mean, you can still pick and choose in the newer versions of the game. Heck, you can even pick and choose what your enemy will be fielding! It's kinda the same, but different in a worse way, in my subjective opinion. You have different pools for different battle groups, but you can still put together fairly OP forces, and if you so please, downgrade the enemy to a bunch of bazooka teams and just not bring any tanks yourself, for instance. I don't know. They really nailed it in CC3 I think, instead of moving away from that system, they could have tuned it to perfection. Even separate battle groups could have their separate roster to manage in this way, and if they did it this way, I think the modern iterations of the game would be much better. I'd take this interesting roster system over improved graphics and sounds any day of the week myself. :/
I'm just another random.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteI'm just wondering - does it add more units, or replace the units already in the game with new ones?
it does both and tweeks data for units.  it was the most common used mod and in all honesty should have been an official patch.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Destraex

Quote from: TheFjordFox on November 28, 2021, 09:11:59 PM
I'm upset that people got upset over this! :P

I mean, you can still pick and choose in the newer versions of the game. Heck, you can even pick and choose what your enemy will be fielding! It's kinda the same, but different in a worse way, in my subjective opinion. You have different pools for different battle groups, but you can still put together fairly OP forces, and if you so please, downgrade the enemy to a bunch of bazooka teams and just not bring any tanks yourself, for instance. I don't know. They really nailed it in CC3 I think, instead of moving away from that system, they could have tuned it to perfection. Even separate battle groups could have their separate roster to manage in this way, and if they did it this way, I think the modern iterations of the game would be much better. I'd take this interesting roster system over improved graphics and sounds any day of the week myself. :/
It's part of the reason steel division 2 skirmish with friends appeals to me. Because I can customise my own battlegroups, but within historical reason.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

TheFjordFox

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 28, 2021, 09:29:17 PM
QuoteI'm just wondering - does it add more units, or replace the units already in the game with new ones?
it does both and tweeks data for units.  it was the most common used mod and in all honesty should have been an official patch.

Nice, I'll definitely have to look into that once I finish with my playthrough! Thanks for letting me know!

Quote from: Destraex on November 28, 2021, 11:40:57 PM
It's part of the reason steel division 2 skirmish with friends appeals to me. Because I can customise my own battlegroups, but within historical reason.

O0 :smitten:
I'm just another random.

GeneralHawk

Picked it up on Steam! Used to own this, great to see it on sale.
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF