$1.2mil for a game collection?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 09, 2012, 01:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://kotaku.com/5924097/this-123809999-video-game-auction-boggles-the-mind

QuoteFor a minimum bid starting at a more than a million dollars, a collector is offering his entire catalog of video games for Nintendo home systems from the NES/Famicom through the GameCube, plus the full lineup of every game released on any Sega system—all of it in the box with original instructions.

Easily numbering more than 5,000 games, the collection comprises the full run of cartridges for the NES, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, GameCube and even the Virtual Boy-plus the full run of anything published for the Sega Master System, MegaDrive/Genesis, Game Gear, Saturn and Dreamcast. The Dreamcast collection itself, totaling 550 games, is advertised as factory sealed. All of it.

Further, "all games ever released on NEC systems, all factory sealed!" also is promised in the lot, given a buy-it-now price of 999,999.99 Euro, or $1,238,099.99 US at current exchange rates.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Meh.

I'm more famous than that guy and I know better than to ask for a million bucks for my collection of D&D books, Avalon Hill games, and assorted PC games.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.