Here comes your FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 02, 2017, 08:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Yeah I was just going to post my gaming  plans but just got word my mother-in-law is in the hospital and not doing well... maybe driving across the province most of the weekend...  :(

BanzaiCat

Damn, Barth. Sorry brother. Hope she recovers and gets out of there fast.

Barthheart

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 03, 2017, 11:32:03 AM

Thanks but it's been a slow slide down the past month or so... she's 88... so I think her end is near...

Ubercat

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 03, 2017, 10:53:30 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on November 03, 2017, 10:50:32 AM
Quote from: mirth on November 03, 2017, 10:08:06 AM
Looks like it was 3 years ago, doesn't look like JH posted in the thread at all, and the person that gave you a little bit of grief was MD (he's such a dick)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11468.0

The important thing is that you're not bitter 3 years later :P

I don't think that's the thread. I didn't see anything in there that would have hurt my feelings or gotten my back up. Anyway, I apologize to all, especially Jarhead, for mentioning it in the first place. If my memory is that faulty that I blamed JH for something that he had nothing to do with, then I apologize doubly to him/you.

Its ok. What's not ok is that you still haven't told us what you will be playing this weekend!  :crazy2:

Probably nothing. I think about playing games all the time, but usually end up getting paralyzed by choices and just watch random youTube videos or check GH for new posts. I am, at least, painting again. Getting buzzed, putting on good music and painting fantasy mini's is a pretty good evening for me. The buzzed part sometimes leads to making embarrassing posts.

I just got Kingdom Death: Monster delivered by Fedex yesterday morning, minutes before I had to leave for work.  :pullhair: The box weighed 22.4 pounds. It doesn't any more.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

BanzaiCat

Had a free game from Amazon - couldn't decide on Scythe, Terraforming Mars, or possibly First Martians. I ended up getting This War Of Mine, the board game. It looks damn dark and depressing but I've read praising reviews of it, and I liked the computer game, so I thought I'd take a chance.

bbmike

Quote from: Barthheart on November 03, 2017, 11:31:03 AM
Yeah I was just going to post my gaming  plans but just got word my mother-in-law is in the hospital and not doing well... maybe driving across the province most of the weekend...  :(

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything goes well.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JudgeDredd

Speedy recovery wishes from yours truly. I hope she gets well soon Barth.
Alba gu' brath

Toonces

Quote from: Ubercat on November 03, 2017, 11:38:28 AM

Probably nothing. I think about playing games all the time, but usually end up getting paralyzed by choices and just watch random youTube videos. ... The buzzed part sometimes leads to making embarrassing posts.

Soul mate!   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

Quote from: Barthheart on November 03, 2017, 11:33:20 AM
Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 03, 2017, 11:32:03 AM

Thanks but it's been a slow slide down the past month or so... she's 88... so I think her end is near...

Sorry to hear that, went through the slow slide a couple years ago....go have some moments with your "mama" ...have a safe trip sir.

I've often thought about starting a FRIDAY thread early...i mean i'm in the PST....isn't that the last friggin time zone on earth. It's usually after a FRIDAY thread with sub-standard musical choices that i'm urged to start an early FRIDAY thread. I mean it's like Jimmy Buffet sang .....It's FRIDAY clock somewhere...or at least something like that, so i figure i would get off with some light punishment...maybe light public ridicule. I have excellent music taste, and i feel that maybe i should have certain designated FRIDAYS through out the year assigned to me to acknowledge my musical taste superiority. I mean it would be for the good of the order, a benefit to all kind of thing...a win..win so to speak....i see no down side. So give it some thought all you FRIDAY thread groupies O0

As to what i'll be playing, some of the usual things. PBEM turns for JTCS, CM, Pike and Shot, Sengoku Jidai, and probably going to start a FOG2 PBEM. Picked up a couple games last days of the sale, Monstrum and Soma. Monstrum is a kind of hide and seek, you vs monster. Three monster types, random generated cargo ship setup, you have to find, fix things to get off the ship before the monster finds you and kills you...you die you start all over and you don't know which monster type until you see it. I enjoyed Amnesia so i'm finally going to give Soma a try. The creepy atmosphere is supposed to be great along with the story...we'll see...so it will be dark room and headphones for these games.

Special shout out to Jomni.....if i'm not mistaken you did Sengoku Jidai. Most excellent Sir, i should of picked up this game earlier. In my first PBEM game with another newbie to the game. It took about 6 turns for it to turn into a complete mess on the field.......and i love it. Great game with lots of flavor..great job sir :bd:

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Kushan

I'm at Blizzcon in Anaheim until Sunday.

I got in a little Unreal World on the plane flight from Seattle to LAX. Only got it Wednesday night, specifically because I wanted to see how well it run on the Surface Pro, so I'm still stumbling about. Looking forward spending some more time with when I get home.

I have Fields of Glory 2 loaded onto the surface as well but I haven't tried playing it yet.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

MetalDog

Quote from: Kushan on November 03, 2017, 05:12:39 PM
I'm at Blizzcon ... until Sunday.

I got in a little Unreal World on the plane flight from Seattle to LAX. Only got it Wednesday night, specifically because I wanted to see how well it run on the Surface Pro, so I'm still stumbling about. Looking forward spending some more time with when I get home.

I have Fields of Glory 2 loaded onto the surface as well but I haven't tried playing it yet.

When's that gonna read, "Origins?"

Quote from: mirth on November 03, 2017, 10:08:06 AM
Looks like it was 3 years ago, doesn't look like JH posted in the thread at all, and the person that gave you a little bit of grief was MD (he's such a dick)

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11468.0

The important thing is that you're not bitter 3 years later :P

He's right, you know ;)

Sorry to hear that, my friend.  Prayers up for your family.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Barthheart

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. It seems the
Old bird is tougher than we all thought and is on the mend... again... a bit pneumonia has her short of breath and her blood pressure up... good meds in the hospital and she's stable again...
So we're back in a holding pattern... not sure she'll get home soon though....

So this weekend I'll try to get in:
DC1: Warsaw to Paris... turn 11 things are tense...
PBEM Wing Leader with SDR... I'm doing damage but he's blasting my planes out of the air...
Some lumberjack work in my back yard with dead trees to bring down.
If there's time left I need to get back to my table with OST Vol 2

Sir Slash

Glad your Mother-in-Law is feeling better Barth. Soon she'll be well enough to come stay with you for a few months and tell you over and over how lucky you are she let you marry her daughter. Being that you hang-out with a bunch of Grogheads I mean.  :nerd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.