Take on Helicopters - Hinds

Started by Gusington, February 09, 2012, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Anyone play Take on Helicopters? Any impressions? I may get this because I have always loved the Hind choppers.

Linky: http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-helicopters-hinds-announced/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 09, 2012, 01:04:30 PM
Anyone play Take on Helicopters? Any impressions? I may get this because I have always loved the Hind choppers.

Linky: http://takeonthegame.com/take-on-helicopters-hinds-announced/

One of the guys at ACG did a preview of the game. Its principle flaw seemed to be a lack of a combat element, so this Hinds version should make up for a perceived deficiency in the ability to blow crap up.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

^That's what attracted me to it :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I play it and enjoy it.  There is some combat, but it is not the focus.  This is very exciting news...thanks for posting.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Sure thing. What do you fly in the game?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MIGMaster

@ Jar.....How is the combat worked into it ? Are there some combat missions and others just normal flight ? Just wondering if there is enough combat to make it worth my while ?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: MIGMaster on February 09, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
@ Jar.....How is the combat worked into it ? Are there some combat missions and others just normal flight ? Just wondering if there is enough combat to make it worth my while ?

If you're buying it for combat, don't bother. It essentially uses the ARMA II engine so all the combat options are there theoretically, but the vast majority of the missions are civilian.  I've actually only played one mission involving combat and I found it particularly difficult.  You're in a medium transport helo armed with unguided rockets and you're tasked with protecting a downed large transport helo against light, but highly mobile ground forces. 

Personally, I got a lot more enjoyment out of the non-combat mission objectives.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jack Nastyface

Interesting...are any of the missions similar to those offered in the Coastal Heroes games, where you had to lower down a basket / rescue swimmer, etc?
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Jack Nastyface on February 09, 2012, 05:10:23 PM
Interesting...are any of the missions similar to those offered in the Coastal Heroes games, where you had to lower down a basket / rescue swimmer, etc?

Yes.  It also comes with the ARMA II mission editor, so technically, the possibilities are pretty unlimited...excuse the pun, but the sky really is the limit.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Hmm I wonder how the Hind expansion will compare...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jomni

First of all, it a mission / story-based civilian helicopter game.    Combat is not a priority, maybe with Hind you get to really shoot something.

From my experience with the game, it's mostly zippling across the map picking up stuff and delivering it somewhere withing the time limit.  But I haven't gone far yet.  I really like the random Coast Guard recue mission.