Author Topic: Grand Tactician, American Civil War  (Read 21386 times)

Online Tripoli

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Grand Tactician, American Civil War
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2021, 09:55:09 AM »
I've been messing around with it recently.  It is much better now than it was in October.  I think it will be a winner

[edit: for those interested, History Guy Gaming is doing a Union campaign using the most recent patch(es).  It is up to 11 episodes now, but may give you an idea of how the game plays.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvzWuSPC4o ]
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 10:36:45 AM by Tripoli »
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rayfer

• Condottieri
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2021, 12:57:14 PM »
I've been messing around with it recently.  It is much better now than it was in October.  I think it will be a winner

[edit: for those interested, History Guy Gaming is doing a Union campaign using the most recent patch(es).  It is up to 11 episodes now, but may give you an idea of how the game plays.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvzWuSPC4o ]

Thanks for posting the link Tripoli.... :notworthy:   I'm into #1 now and see that's it's well done.

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
  • Honus Wagner - "The Flying Dutchman"
« Reply #242 on: July 10, 2021, 01:30:00 PM »

+1....really happy with the way the dev has stuck with it....

can't say the same for many games out in early access land...
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Offline Pete Dero

• Condottieri
« Reply #243 on: July 10, 2021, 02:03:24 PM »
Now I'm tempted. 

But on a scale from Panzer Corps to WITP AE how hard is it to learn ?

Online Tripoli

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #244 on: July 10, 2021, 05:48:34 PM »
Now I'm tempted. 

But on a scale from Panzer Corps to WITP AE how hard is it to learn ?

Its not particularly hard. With that said, I don't think they've published a manual, and there are only 2 tutorial videos thus far.  When I play, I'm spending a lot of time just trying to figure out the "buttonology"  I assume that on release there will be a manual and that will help a lot. It is definitely easier than WITP AE
“Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” -Abraham Lincoln

Offline WallysWorld

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #245 on: August 21, 2021, 01:12:23 PM »
The game is leaving Early Access and will be released on September 21st. I've been watching this game for quite a while now and haven't bought it yet, but I'm super interested now that the release date is close.

This day, August 21, 2021, marks a full year of Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) in Early Access. That release, a year ago, saw the game receiving already positive comments from the game media, even as the game was far from finished. Now, after one full year of further development, the game has finally received a release date:

September 24, 2021!
(1800 UTC, which is 1400 Eastern / 1100 Western US time, 1900 Central European)

Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) initial Early Access version vs. version 1.0:
3 --> 5 campaign scenarios (Pre-War 1861, Summer 1861, 1862, 1863, 1864)
10 --> 16 historical stand-alone battle scenarios (1st Manassas, Wilson's Creek, Pea Ridge, Glorieta Pass, Shiloh, Perryville, 2nd Manassas, Antietam, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Chickamauga, Olustee, Wilderness, New Market, Bentonville, Appomattox)
Over twice the number of battle maps
Over 1,500 historical commanders
Improved performance and stability
Improved battle and campaign AI
Improved game play balance in battles and campaign
Updated and scalable User Interface (UI)
Improved information in form of addition tooltips and in-game manual ("Field Book"), an external manual, and tutorial videos.

Grand Tactician release notice
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 01:14:38 PM by WallysWorld »
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Offline Skoop

• Viking
« Reply #246 on: August 23, 2021, 12:43:36 PM »
Yeah, I need to sit down and do a full campaign with all the latest additions.  Should be really fun now.  Like forge of freedom with better graphics.

Offline Millipede

• Viking
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2021, 09:19:13 AM »