Main Menu

Babylon 5

Started by OJsDad, June 23, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Or Garibaldi.

Or... really, everyone contributes, and sacrifices for the various wins. It's a fine ensemble piece. (Despite most of the pieces jumping ship before the series even gets going. ;) )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

About half way through season 4.  The story arc was really good.

What is depressing is how many of the main actors are now dead;

Michael O'Hare    --  Cmd Sinclair

Richard Biggs     --   Dr Stephen Franklin

Stephen Furst     --  Vir

Andreas Katsulas --  G'Kar

Jerry Doyle         --  Michael Garibaldi

Jeff Conway        --  Zack Allen
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

So, as promised, did you figure out who the assassin/saboteur was waaaay back in The Gathering?

The answer isn't strictly important anymore, and nothing specific ever comes of it. But aside from fans making analytical guesses (with some deduction), and JMS in his internet commentaries confirming the correct guess, the show itself actually shows who it is -- but you'd have to have DVD level clarity and freeze-frame to see it.

Hint one, where the movie straight up shows you, if you can manage to look closely enough:
[spoiler]When the assassin bypasses an identicard slot to access a set of quarters, the screen near the slot briefly shows the assassin's identity.[/spoiler]

And the straight answer:
[spoiler]It was the original 2IC, Laurel Takashima, replaced at the start of the proper series by Ivanova, whose character was always slated to take over from Takashima after she's outed as an enemy agent. You may not even remember her by now.  ::) But the show never properly explains who the assassin / saboteur was. It sort of handwaves in the direction of Talia, who took over part of Takashima's plotted story. Incidentally, the reason Talia left the show was because her actress had actually fallen in love with Garibaldi's actor, and they had gotten married in 1995, but the relationship soured and was headed for an eventual divorce. So she couldn't bear to work on the show anymore. Takashima's actress just had other jobs to do, since it took too long to go from the pilot movie to the series.[/spoiler]
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Destraex

Quote from: steve58 on October 06, 2021, 04:43:41 PM
So there is a "reboot" of Babylon 5 in the works?

Heard about this. Nice idea. Hope it works out. Not sure it will be any good after they screw with it. Look what they did with Star Trek Discovery.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

GDS_Starfury

the other side of the coin is what was done with BSG.   :bd:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Destraex

Yep and I suppose bsg did well with the new series. I loved that.
But it's against the odds I have to say. Many reboots have not done well.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

^ This. I'd give my left nut for a really great Sy Fy series on TV again.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 07, 2021, 09:22:23 AM
^ This. I'd give my left nut for a really great Sy Fy series on TV again.

Check out the Expanse. 

It scratches the itch.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

Also try Altered Carbon if you're feeling even more frisky.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I liked season 1 of Altered Carbon (liked the first half better than the second) but couldn't get through season 2.
Kinda like BSG.  Seasons 1 and 2 were fantastic.  3 and 4 were...not good.

Gusington

^You almost broke character there for a second. Almost!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

It was a close one but bitterness, spite, and negativity won out in the end so all is right in the world.

Gusington

Well I personally feel much better than I did an hour ago so thank you  :dreamer:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd