Author Topic: Panzer Corps 2  (Read 13298 times)

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
Re: Panzer Corps 2
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2020, 08:52:29 PM »
The OoB DLCs are like potato chips.
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
  • Giudecca in the hell of unknowing
« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2020, 09:23:41 PM »
Potato Corps?
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline Apocalypse 31

• Viking
« Reply #122 on: March 29, 2020, 09:03:58 AM »
All it really did was make me reinstall Order of Battle and go back to some campaigns I never tried.

This is exactly what I did, and it feels great. Uninstalled PzC 2. Maybe another time, but most likely not.

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #123 on: June 09, 2020, 01:57:39 PM »
https://www.matrixgames.com/news/panzer-corps-2-axis-operations-dlcs-announced

"Axis Operations" DLCs announced, including Spanish Civil War and "Axis Operations: 1939" campaigns.

I have to say the description of the Spanish Civil War DLC is confusing to say the least.  You control the Condor Legion, who carries over to future campaigns, but have no direct control over Nationalist Spanish troops.  You can only give high-level orders to them like Attack Here or Hold There.  The idea of a co-op AI partner in a beer-n-pretzels game does not enthuse me.  Who thought this would be more fun than just playing as the Spanish?

As for the second DLC:

But once again... we're still not quite in Poland yet. Axis Operations 1939 starts in March of 1939, which I'm sure our history buffs will recognize as the important date when Germany marched into Czechoslovakia.

That scenario, by the way, has some very unusual mechanics attached to it. If you've ever wondered why they call them Panzer 35(t) and Panzer 38(t) you'll found out here.

After that... we're still not quite getting to Poland just yet. Something else happened in 1939, a battle that might have actually changed the course of history. There was a French invasion of Germany! We're going to explore that conflict.

To compare with the original Grand Campaign, we're already looking at more than 20 battles worth of new content before we get to the fighting in Poland in 1939.

Erm.... 20 battles of content covering Czechoslovakia and the Saar Offensive?  Just.... Why?  Who asked for that?   #:-)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 02:04:05 PM by al_infierno »
It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Offline hellfish6

• Equites
« Reply #124 on: June 09, 2020, 02:10:31 PM »
Imma pass on this. PC2 was a bit of a disappointment, even with minimal expectations.

Online al_infierno

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2020, 02:16:07 PM »
Yeah.  I was excited about this game on launch, but now that the honeymoon phase is over, this lame DLC announcement does little to moist the loins.  Think I'll be picking up the newest DLC for Order of Battle instead.

- MengJiao

Offline Jarhead0331

• Judge Advocate General
  • Administrator
  • Arquebusier
  • Global Moderator, General Counsel, Heavy Weapons
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2020, 02:33:33 PM »
I think it is well intentioned. They are obviously trying to touch on battles often overlooked. In that regard, I applaud them...but yeah, the game in general isn't that enticing and these "battles" probably will not be the most dramatic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2020, 06:42:26 PM »
I probably know the answer but I wonder if the annexation of Czechoslovakia can 'go hot' here...

- Toonces

Offline SirAndrewD

• Condottieri
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2020, 08:47:51 PM »
Yeah.  I'll pass for now.  I'd rather see Allied/Soviet campaigns. 

I'm sure I'll get into PC2 at one point in the future but that day hasn't come. 

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
« Reply #129 on: July 10, 2021, 07:02:40 PM »

- Toonces

Offline demjansk1942

• Viking
« Reply #130 on: July 11, 2021, 05:16:37 PM »
I still play original panzer Corp.  the second version, I donít like as much, donít care for the visuals, I wish they had the the panzer Corp visual option

Offline FlickJax

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2021, 01:59:04 AM »
I have been picking them up but yeah something about this one, panzer corps was much more enjoyable