Main Menu

Panzer Corps 2

Started by PanzerFaust, July 19, 2018, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

IIRC the Field Marshal edition is a season pass, isn't it?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on February 10, 2020, 11:39:42 AM
IIRC the Field Marshal edition is a season pass, isn't it?

Panzer Corps 2 - Field Marshal Edition is the ultimate deluxe edition of Panzer Corps 2, including all the bonus materials from the General Edition plus the first two DLCs.

Gusington

Ok - so two DLCs out of the expected 500.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

They didn't ask me to Beta this one, I will sulk now :)

CJReich46

Quote from: FlickJax on February 11, 2020, 05:49:30 AM
They didn't ask me to Beta this one, I will sulk now :)

Ditto and I've beta Tested Allied Corps too.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

MikeGER

Quote from: Destraex on February 10, 2020, 03:40:42 AM
Tell me. Those Stugs... what do they represent? Just Stugs or some sort of specific unit? Also can units attack along a line at once or only one at a time? For instance if I have a unit surrounded can I have all units attack at once. Co-Ordinated?

in my imagination a Panzercorps 2 unit is a very abstract, almost chess like abstraction, of a Kampfgruppe/division compost of invisible sub-units in a way that just those stats and attributes shown are the summation of it.
and then the unit get a graphic symbol (a nice tabletop figurine) that somehow 'rhythms' with that units stats

and a hex is 30-70 klicks and a turn a day or two, or something in that direction?     

Destraex, the units attack once at a time, but the neighbors count in, so neighboring/encirclement gives a bonus (called massattack) and recon and engineers as part of the encirclement 'help' in the attack too in special ways. close by artillery next hex helps automatic (also shown in an animation) in the defense of a unit that get attacked, antitank helps against tank-units attacking and a fighter wing provide air-cover against air units. 

I like how the air units are handled now, with flying a sortie from an airfield -and btw small airfields cant be home of a large bomber wing- ah i love those little details . and the new overrun feature for really testing blitz-tactics against the opponent.

the preview Lets plays i saw were promising  :)

Apocalypse 31

Quotein my imagination a Panzercorps 2 unit is a very abstract, almost chess like abstraction, of a Kampfgruppe/division compost of invisible sub-units

I like the Unity of Command approach: there are only 3 or 4 types of units, but enablers such as artillery and engineers can be assigned to the unit to improve it's combat performance.

Artillery units in PzC always confused me. Not sure what ecehlon they are representing.

Destraex

Quote from: MikeGER on February 12, 2020, 05:44:52 AM
Quote from: Destraex on February 10, 2020, 03:40:42 AM
Tell me. Those Stugs... what do they represent? Just Stugs or some sort of specific unit? Also can units attack along a line at once or only one at a time? For instance if I have a unit surrounded can I have all units attack at once. Co-Ordinated?

in my imagination a Panzercorps 2 unit is a very abstract, almost chess like abstraction, of a Kampfgruppe/division compost of invisible sub-units in a way that just those stats and attributes shown are the summation of it.
and then the unit get a graphic symbol (a nice tabletop figurine) that somehow 'rhythms' with that units stats

and a hex is 30-70 klicks and a turn a day or two, or something in that direction?     

Destraex, the units attack once at a time, but the neighbors count in, so neighboring/encirclement gives a bonus (called massattack) and recon and engineers as part of the encirclement 'help' in the attack too in special ways. close by artillery next hex helps automatic (also shown in an animation) in the defense of a unit that get attacked, antitank helps against tank-units attacking and a fighter wing provide air-cover against air units. 

I like how the air units are handled now, with flying a sortie from an airfield -and btw small airfields cant be home of a large bomber wing- ah i love those little details . and the new overrun feature for really testing blitz-tactics against the opponent.

the preview Lets plays i saw were promising  :)
I see. So it's a game of massing the most units in close proximity to each other that you want for an attack and then choosing a spearhead unit. Not sure whether I like that approach. It's too abstract. But I can understand from an aesthetics point of view.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

FlickJax

al_infierno

I'm unbelievably hyped for this.  Looks like such an awesome improvement over PC1 in every way.  At the very least, it'll hold me over until Second Front releases  :smitten:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

al_infierno

Anyone tried the beta for this yet?  I preordered and have it installing now.  I do wish they would extend the beta window into the weekend...
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Are you allowed to discuss it?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Yeah, it's an open beta for everyone who preordered, no NDA involved.  They even invited people in the announcement to post feedback publicly on the forum.

I'm fiddling around in the first invasion of Poland mission and I love it so far.  The new UI is a bit minimalist, but I'm slowly finding it to be just as functional as the old game -- and better in some ways, such as being able to mouse over units and see their relevant details.

- MengJiao

Gusington

This beta is almost a complete version of the game?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Full access to the whole singleplayer campaign/scenarios and map editor.   :D

But only through the 20th of February.   >:(

- MengJiao