Main Menu

Panzer Corps 2

Started by PanzerFaust, July 19, 2018, 04:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

The OoB DLCs are like potato chips.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Apocalypse 31

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 28, 2020, 07:20:21 PM
All it really did was make me reinstall Order of Battle and go back to some campaigns I never tried.

This is exactly what I did, and it feels great. Uninstalled PzC 2. Maybe another time, but most likely not.

al_infierno

https://www.matrixgames.com/news/panzer-corps-2-axis-operations-dlcs-announced

"Axis Operations" DLCs announced, including Spanish Civil War and "Axis Operations: 1939" campaigns.

I have to say the description of the Spanish Civil War DLC is confusing to say the least.  You control the Condor Legion, who carries over to future campaigns, but have no direct control over Nationalist Spanish troops.  You can only give high-level orders to them like Attack Here or Hold There.  The idea of a co-op AI partner in a beer-n-pretzels game does not enthuse me.  Who thought this would be more fun than just playing as the Spanish?

As for the second DLC:

QuoteBut once again... we're still not quite in Poland yet. Axis Operations 1939 starts in March of 1939, which I'm sure our history buffs will recognize as the important date when Germany marched into Czechoslovakia.

That scenario, by the way, has some very unusual mechanics attached to it. If you've ever wondered why they call them Panzer 35(t) and Panzer 38(t) you'll found out here.

After that... we're still not quite getting to Poland just yet. Something else happened in 1939, a battle that might have actually changed the course of history. There was a French invasion of Germany! We're going to explore that conflict.

To compare with the original Grand Campaign, we're already looking at more than 20 battles worth of new content before we get to the fighting in Poland in 1939.

Erm.... 20 battles of content covering Czechoslovakia and the Saar Offensive?  Just.... Why?  Who asked for that?   #:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

hellfish6

Imma pass on this. PC2 was a bit of a disappointment, even with minimal expectations.

al_infierno

Yeah.  I was excited about this game on launch, but now that the honeymoon phase is over, this lame DLC announcement does little to moist the loins.  Think I'll be picking up the newest DLC for Order of Battle instead.

- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

I think it is well intentioned. They are obviously trying to touch on battles often overlooked. In that regard, I applaud them...but yeah, the game in general isn't that enticing and these "battles" probably will not be the most dramatic.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

I probably know the answer but I wonder if the annexation of Czechoslovakia can 'go hot' here...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Yeah.  I'll pass for now.  I'd rather see Allied/Soviet campaigns. 

I'm sure I'll get into PC2 at one point in the future but that day hasn't come. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

demjansk1942

I still play original panzer Corp.  the second version, I don't like as much, don't care for the visuals, I wish they had the the panzer Corp visual option

FlickJax

I have been picking them up but yeah something about this one, panzer corps was much more enjoyable