US Pacific Campaign - Order of Battle WW2 AAR - Complete

Started by airboy, January 12, 2019, 08:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

I'm really rough on scout planes and scouting destroyers.

airboy

Part 3 is up.
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/05/coral-sea-part-3/

I took 130+ screen shots just to remind me of what happened when I had the time to write it up.  This battle was so complicated I'll probably use close to 50 screenshots.

This update takes us up to turn 13.  The Jap troop ships have finally been spotted and it will be hard to sink them.

JasonPratt

Wow, you are hugging the left map edge there!

You weren't kidding about this being a nail biter! (As was Coral Sea historically, too, among several other actions in the area.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

Looks like the 'Coral Sea' is about to turn red. Can't watch. :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

JasonPratt

Quote from: airboy on March 11, 2019, 11:19:31 AM
Coral Sea is complete.
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/11/coral-sea-part-4/

This was a very narrow shave for the Allied forces.

And then the surviving Imperial forces sail into the harbor with all guns trained on the town, and...  >:D

An amazing fight, in real life and in the game: congratulations!

Sir Slash

Congrats on the decisive victory there Airboy.  :bd:   Do the Japanese have anything left to fight with?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Guadalcanal Part 1 is up:
https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/15/guadalcanal-scenario-7-order-of-battle-ww2-us-pacific-campaign/

This is a very long (50 turn) scenario.  The first part of Guadalcanal discusses my strategy and how the different objectives are possible at different points in the 50 turn scenario.  I've played this scenario at least 8 times and my strategy works well - at least at this difficulty level.

Sir Slash

airboy

Guadalcanal Part 3 is Up.

https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/03/19/guadalcanal-part-3/

The Japs launched a massive attack.  If the Marines defeat the attack, the rest of the ground combat will be mopping up.

Sir Slash

Hell-of-a defensive stand Airboy. Leonidas would be proud.  O0