Main Menu

Iron Harvest

Started by airboy, January 13, 2019, 08:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Well how 'bout that *checks Steam*...there it is!!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Is it only available to Kickstarter backers?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GeneralHawk

Just played first game! If you have played Company of Heroes then you know can imagine gameplay. Mech combat is great. Game doesn't seem to be a clickfest which is a big plus!
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Destraex

does it use the coh engine?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on April 16, 2020, 05:33:56 PM
does it use the coh engine?

No. Definitely not. But very similar concept, UI and mechanics.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Thanks. I am more interested now because that could mean a ground up engine is less similar and has more unique mechanics than coh does. The very early videos definitely looked exactly like a mod for coh would. I assume the mechs are more complex to control then and have some nice mechanics that restrict or add more skill than just - go here and shoot with right click?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Destraex on April 17, 2020, 09:58:38 PM
Thanks. I am more interested now because that could mean a ground up engine is less similar and has more unique mechanics than coh does. The very early videos definitely looked exactly like a mod for coh would. I assume the mechs are more complex to control then and have some nice mechanics that restrict or add more skill than just - go here and shoot with right click?

No. It's all pretty much go here and shoot that with the mechs. They have different specialties and capabilities,  but it's still all pretty basic. Some are geared toward targeting infantry, others are geared toward killing other mechs. Pretty simple. They are just tanks with legs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

fran

Quote from: jomni on October 23, 2019, 12:45:50 AM
Company of Heroes vibe. but no rolling tanks. Just walking tanks.

Not just vibe, but I'll go as far as COH with Steampunked'd units.

Jarhead0331

In early alpha I was very concerned by just how similar it looked and felt to COH. It is still very similar, but the IH engine is much more advanced and significantly enhanced. Terrain is more detailed and it appears to be deformable. Still, the concepts of using cover and seizing resource points is fairly identical, from a game play perspective.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on April 18, 2020, 04:17:37 AM
In early alpha I was very concerned by just how similar it looked and felt to COH. It is still very similar, but the IH engine is much more advanced and significantly enhanced. Terrain is more detailed and it appears to be deformable. Still, the concepts of using cover and seizing resource points is fairly identical, from a game play perspective.

Cool thx. If they got to COH as a gold standard, that is an achievement in itself.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I took delivery from Kickstarter a couple of days ago. Playing it through alpha and beta, I loved it for the world of 1920+. If you don't like RTSs in general or have had your fill of Company of Heroes type games, you will probably not be as intrigued as me.

That said, if you are into steampunk, dieselpunk, alternate history, WWI history, WWI fiction or any mix of any of those...I think you'll like it :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tpek

Quote from: Gusington on September 03, 2020, 03:01:15 PM
I took delivery from Kickstarter a couple of days ago. Playing it through alpha and beta, I loved it for the world of 1920+. If you don't like RTSs in general or have had your fill of Company of Heroes type games, you will probably not be as intrigued as me.

That said, if you are into steampunk, dieselpunk, alternate history, WWI history, WWI fiction or any mix of any of those...I think you'll like it :)

What if I'm both?
I like the concept and the setting, but could never really get into Company of Heroes.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd