Author Topic: Imperator: Rome  (Read 7389 times)

Offline jamus34

• Man-at-Arms
Re: Imperator: Rome
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2021, 04:18:56 PM »
Rome and Star Wars seem to be tough to get right.

Awakening of the Rebellion mod for Star Wars Empire at War got it right.

Knights of the old republic 1 and 2 also.
Insert witty comment here.

Offline Toonces

• Global Moderator
  • Arquebusier
  • Yvan eht nioj!
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2021, 08:56:18 PM »
Alright, so Imperator is on sale for $10, and the DLC bundle is another $13.  So for $23 total, is this worth picking up or not?  I'm assuming that development is not going to continue for the title (although possible I suppose).

Actually two questions:
Get the base game?
Get the DLC too?

Or just bag it?
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Offline nelmsm

• Equites
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2021, 11:17:53 PM »
I'd say get it.  I like it a lot as is

Offline Gusington

• The Jewish Missile
  • Global Moderator
  • Tercio
  • You must be at most 'this tall' to ride the Gus.
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2021, 11:28:00 AM »
On sale you say...
"I'm not even dead and I'm rolling over in my grave."

- Toonces

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2021, 12:16:35 PM »
The DLC are cheap right now on sale, except for the heirs of Alexander which having been just released is full priced.

However, unless you're planning on playing one of those factions, the DLC don't add much to the game -- I'm not totally sure the Epirus update even uses its new building and unit if you're playing as someone else for example.

But if you're planning on playing one of those factions, then you get some scripting events for your campaign which help the flavor out.

If you're planning on playing as Rome or Carthage, get the Punic Wars pack.

If you're planning to play as Athens, Sparta, or Syracuse, get the Magna Graeca pack.

If you're planning to play as the Ptolemics (Egypt), Antigonids (Asia Minor), or Selucids (Persia), get the new Heirs of Alexander pack.

If you're planning to play as Epirus (trying to stake out their claim to be a true Successor State), get the duh. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.