Steam Winter Sale 2022: Dec 22 - Jan 5

Started by ArizonaTank, December 20, 2022, 02:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rss334

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 24, 2022, 05:29:39 PM
Well, the pocket of money that my wife gave me for game purchases is all used up.

I certainly purchased a bunch of games that seem very good, but I just don't know when I will have time to play them.

"Expeditions Rome" and "Troy Total War" caught my eye in the end.

On the FPRPG front, I picked up "Elden Ring" and "Spider Man."

On the builder game side, I went for "Empires of the Undergrowth," and "Workers & Resources of the Soviet Republic."

The last one, is not just a Soviet themed builder, but apparently has an emphasis on logistics and supply chains...I really don't need another city builder, but the supply chain element appeals to me. Apparently in this game you can't just pick a "gravel road" off a menu and draw it on the map. You have to get the gravel, machines, fuel etc. to get the work done. Anyway, will see if it works for me or not.

Finally, I decided to roll the dice on a gladiator game that caught my eye: "We Who Are About To Die."

Workers & Resources a great game for anyone that likes city building or resource management, tons of content and difficulty sliders.

Gusington

^Just checked it out, the music is hilariously appropriate.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

KyzBP

Quote from: KyzBP on December 23, 2022, 08:58:18 AM
I guess I drew first blood.  I picked up:

Wings of Glory (Turn based WWI air combat)
Wartales (RPG)
Axis & Allies 1942 Online.

There may be more, but I have a serious backlog of games.  I retire next week so that should help with the back log.

Well I already requested refunds on A&A and Wings of Glory.  A&A was a sub par port of the boardgame.  The graphics were seriously lacking considering the price point.  I remember playing a free one years ago that was much better.  Wings of Glory would be excellent if it offered a campaign mode and more aircraft.  The single battle stuff got boring fast.  If the developers add a campaign it will be an excellent game.  So I may take my refund money and check out Solasta.

Groggy

Quote from: ArizonaTank on December 24, 2022, 05:29:39 PM

Finally, I decided to roll the dice on a gladiator game that caught my eye: "We Who Are About To Die."

I watched a streamer on twitch last night who was playing it. It looked like he was having loads of fun with it.
''War is the unfolding of miscalculations.''-Barbara Tuchman

Rayfer

I see Fallout 76 base game is on sale for $9.99....good price but is it worth the time and effort to play?  I enjoy Fallout3, 4, and New Vegas but 76 is a multi-player online game that got trashed when it came out years ago.  Any better now, worth it??? Thanks.

demjansk1942

I didn't buy anything on this sale, not sure why, just not interested in a lot of the stuff out there.

W8taminute

Picked up 'The Crew 2' for 10 bucks and it's absolutely worth it at that pricepoint.  I also got Diofield Chronicles for 40% off but have yet to play it on my PC.  I've played it on PS4 and it's good.  Just wanted to have a copy on my PC.

I think I'm also about to pull the trigger on getting Undaunted: Stalingrad from Amazon.  Came into some money during Christmas that will come in handy.   :)
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Tanaka

Quote from: fran on December 21, 2022, 01:35:40 AM
I was not aware of the poor state of Steam sales....

I was used to the discounts mentioned so minimum 25% or more.

Where else can I look to if it's not Steam?

Lots of steam key sites out there. For example this site compares all prices across all stores so you can find the best deal. Here is an example of WH3:

https://gg.deals/game/total-war-warhammer-iii/

Sigwolf

Quote from: Tanaka on December 28, 2022, 12:32:44 PM
Quote from: fran on December 21, 2022, 01:35:40 AM
I was not aware of the poor state of Steam sales....

I was used to the discounts mentioned so minimum 25% or more.

Where else can I look to if it's not Steam?

Lots of steam key sites out there. For example this site compares all prices across all stores so you can find the best deal. Here is an example of WH3:

https://gg.deals/game/total-war-warhammer-iii/
gg.deals is an excellent site.  I stay away from the shady key sites as a personal choice, but that site has helped me avoid missing good deals at places like Humble and Fanatical many times.