Who Pre Ordered New Console?

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 22, 2020, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on September 22, 2020, 02:55:31 PM
You have to pay to play MP?? I would pay not to!

Yep, I have zero desire to play MP...I stick to single player.

Gusington

That is crazy talk. Talking about consoles really brings me back though...I loved the original Colony Wars, Legacy of Cain and Civ II.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

demjansk1942

Yskonyn

I am getting a PS5 from my wife for my special birthday, so yes, one it pre-ordered.  :bd:

I am not bothered by the 'pay to play online' thing as it also includes new free games every month for you to download and keep as long as your sub runs.
While the offerings were mostly small indie titles when the scheme first launched, these days they offer solid games frequently.
As long as you don't buy every new game when it gets released you're bound to offset the costs for the MP with getting a few great games.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

{glances at totally uninstalled PS4 lying over in a corner with some games-of-the-year}

...so far I have resisted this temptation.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

I dont see any exclusive launch day titles, so I'm still waiting.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

W8taminute

You bring up a good point Ysk and a friend I was talking to brought up the same argument with me as well. 

I agree, that when you look at the long term you do recoup the money for the subscription in free games.  My question, to myself that is, is will I really have the time to enjoy a bunch of games I got for free when I'm barely keeping up with games I've purchased?

I think I'll wait 6 to 8 months post launch to see how things develop and to allow for the PS5 library to build up a bit before I buy.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Grim.Reaper

well, as suspected i ended up cancelling my pre order.  going through the list of games planned for the next year either didnt interest me or they will have pc versions that i would prefer.  i am sure some day i might reconsider.

Yskonyn

My PS5 was delivered yesterday!  :peace:

Its a big machine, but purs silently like a little kitten, even when under load.
The new UI is an improvement and its lag free and super quick.

The DualSense controller is the most comfortable Sony controller ever and the haptics are definitely next gen: feeling 'mass' and detailed feedback like rain ticking on your controller is absolutely something I've never experienced before.

Big thumbs up from me so far!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

al_infierno

Wow I didn't know they were shipping preorders already.  Got any games for it?  Is it backwards compatible with PS4?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I'm pretty sure it is backwards compatible.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2020, 04:18:01 PM

Its a big machine, but purs silently like a little kitten, even when under load.

The DualSense controller is the most comfortable Sony controller ever and the haptics are definitely next gen: feeling 'mass' and detailed feedback like rain ticking on your controller is absolutely something I've never experienced before.

Nice. Sounds great. I'll probably go ahead and pick one up after the New Year. There is talk that they may be working on SOCOM 5 for the new console. Assuming its similar to the original titles in the series that would make the console a must buy for me.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Yskonyn

Quote from: al_infierno on November 20, 2020, 04:46:16 PM
Wow I didn't know they were shipping preorders already.  Got any games for it?  Is it backwards compatible with PS4?

Not *all* PS4 games can be played on PS5, but I haven't come across any I own that won't play, so I reckon its probably either some small indie games or games from the earlier days of PS4.
Most are definitely compatible.

Your social space is also compatible, meaning that not only your friendslist ports over, but you can even play with them without issue between consoles (say my mate plays Destiny on PS4, I can still join his party and fireteam on my PS5).

The game that comes pre-installed on PS5; Astro's Playroom is a must play! Not only is it gorgeous and demo's all the new capabilities of the controller, its also a fun game in its own right which oozes with charm and fan service. Don't ignore it!

Yskonyn

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 20, 2020, 05:25:18 PM
Quote from: Yskonyn on November 20, 2020, 04:18:01 PM

Nice. Sounds great. I'll probably go ahead and pick one up after the New Year. There is talk that they may be working on SOCOM 5 for the new console. Assuming its similar to the original titles in the series that would make the console a must buy for me.

A new SOCOM would be so awesome! And if they use the haptics like CoD Cold War its going to be a truely amazing game!