Carrier Command 2 by Microprose

Started by Jarhead0331, December 16, 2020, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Dero

Quote from: ArizonaTank on August 11, 2021, 12:13:47 PM
I am probably the only Histwar Les Grognards fanboy left in the world for example.

Not the last one but there aren't many left ...

HistWar : Austerlitz : This game has been Greenlit by the Community!   (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=230506942)  -

Updated 1 Aug, 2014 @ 9:54pm

HistWar: Austerlitz will be available soon ....
:'(.

I believe any reference to the game is now removed by Steam.

Jarhead0331

The developers responded to the criticism with respect to the VR version and have promised to work on the VR controls and UI adding many of the most commonly requested features and to address most of the major complaints.

On the flat screen version, I don't expect much change in the way of UI.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 11, 2021, 01:12:15 PM
The developers responded to the criticism with respect to the VR version and have promised to work on the VR controls and UI adding many of the most commonly requested features and to address most of the major complaints.

On the flat screen version, I don't expect much change in the way of UI.

Glad to hear the devs are responsive. I think there is a good game in there...once they do some more work.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Apocalypse 31

I was exceptionally hyped for this game. Such a great concept and very fun.

However, the final product I think is less than desirable. I feel like I'm fighting the game design and user interface rather than fighting the enemy. The fact that you have to jump all over the bridge to do basic things on screens that should be universal is very frustrating and tedious.

The game seems like it relies on players to use the AI however the AI is far from decent. It struggles with basic things like debarcation of the ship and engaging the enemy.

The flight aspect of this game, which is what I was looking forward to specifically, is awful. The flight controls are terrible and not remappable.

So now we have a game with awful AI and terrible direct controls of vehicles. I'm not sure how the developers saw this playing out. Combine that with a weird bridge concept and I think this game was just poorly developed.

I think the developers could probably patch the key mapping problems but I don't see them fixing the core issues and core design concepts of this game that are very much flawed.

I just want to play a game where I'm not fighting the UI and game design but rather fighting the enemy.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Apocalypse 31 on August 12, 2021, 03:05:38 PM
I was exceptionally hyped for this game. Such a great concept and very fun.

Have you tried Bohemia Interactive's "Carrier Command Gaea Mission"?

If you like the concept of Carrier Command, I recommend trying it...but get it on sale.

It has a pretty silly tutorial...but otherwise works pretty well...actually has some solid moments as well.  For example your air units can get an attachment to pick up and drop off the walrus vehicles...that can be fun. UI works pretty well.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.