Steam Summer Sale 2023

Started by WYBaugh, June 28, 2023, 05:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dammit Carl!

...and like a putz, I got Chivalry II as well (loved the original) in addition to Ogre as I have always been a Steve Jackson Games fan from my Car Wars and GURPS days but never had friends who played Ogre that I was aware of.  Can't wait to spend time with that one.

Sigwolf

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 12, 2023, 01:36:42 PM...and like a putz, I got Chivalry II as well (loved the original) in addition to Ogre as I have always been a Steve Jackson Games fan from my Car Wars and GURPS days but never had friends who played Ogre that I was aware of.  Can't wait to spend time with that one.

I just wish they, or anyone really, would do a straight up port of the original Car Wars tabletop like they did for Ogre.  There have been lots of interpretations, but I would love a faithful recreation.  Somewhere in my basement I have a bin full of original maps and counters.

SirAndrewD

I really wish they'd go all out and make a straight up Racing Simulation of Roger Corman's original Deathrace 2000. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

jamus34

Heck, I wish they would remake AutoDuel and Roadwar 2000. I loved the hell out of those two games.
Insert witty comment here.

Skoop

+ 1 to CarWars AutoDuel remake.  Surprised this hasn't been done.  Even a conversion mod for Cyberpunk or GTAV would even be cool.

Dammit Carl!

Re: Car Wars

My usual tactic in our games (we set limits via how much $$$ one could use to build vehicles) was to do a swarm of glass cannoned trikes and kamibombs.  Early and mid-game was fun but I'd want to kill myself towards the end for real as I just couldn't keep focus on things.  The ultimate games we did towards the end used everything we had up to that point; ground vehicles, boats, planes, etc. but damn was it a bit much.

jamus34

I would try to do themes. For example one time I went NASCAR style, put all my weapons on right side and made left turns only.

Insert witty comment here.

FarAway Sooner

It always made me sad that trying to do a Bootlegger Reverse inflicted so much damage on my tires.  It sure looked easy when the Dukes of Hazzard did it!