Warhammer 40,000: Battle Sector!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 09, 2021, 09:04:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlagDog

Nice! I didn't even think about how it does look like Epic. I played a crap load of Epic and miss stomping troops with my Eldar Titans. I would totally dig a digital version of Epic any day!

JasonPratt

There is a game specifically about 40K Titans somewhere on Steam, that I've never gotten around to yet. (Also one about 40K airpower.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 13, 2021, 12:11:03 PM
There is a game specifically about 40K Titans somewhere on Steam, that I've never gotten around to yet. (Also one about 40K airpower.)

Adeptus Titanicus: Dominus - Have it but never played. Supposedly pretty good. https://store.steampowered.com/app/853140/Adeptus_Titanicus_Dominus/

Aeromautica Imperialis: Flight Command - Have it, played it, was underwhelmed. In all fairness, the aerial combat in the 40K universe has never appealed to me. The aircraft look way too clunky to stay aloft and the mechanics are too simple. ITs like WWI or WWII air combat in the 41st millennium? I don't think so. https://store.steampowered.com/app/610160/Aeronautica_Imperialis_Flight_Command/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

To be fair, a lot of Orks Innnn Spaaaaace can be described as "this clunky technology in the 41st millennium??"

The in-universe explanation is that no one understands how the tech works anymore and so they just use older tech in primitive ways. That explanation can't go much farther than the Imperium and the Chaos Marines, however. (I suppose it works for the orks, too, come to think of it.)

The real explanation is medieval fantasy tropes + science fiction = Rule of Cool.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 13, 2021, 05:58:44 PM
To be fair, a lot of Orks Innnn Spaaaaace can be described as "this clunky technology in the 41st millennium??"

The in-universe explanation is that no one understands how the tech works anymore and so they just use older tech in primitive ways. That explanation can't go much farther than the Imperium and the Chaos Marines, however. (I suppose it works for the orks, too, come to think of it.)

The real explanation is medieval fantasy tropes + science fiction = Rule of Cool.

Nah. That's the explanation for things like Titans, certain kinds of cogitators, warp technologies, world builders, etc. It doesn't explain why even imperial aircraft look like flying garbage trucks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Jarhead0331

Playing an early preview build of this now. I'm enjoying it a lot so far.

The preview only has two missions. From what I have seen to this point, its on a smaller tactical scale from Epic.

Stay tuned for a preview feature on the front page.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

Sampstra demos the demo released by Slitherine!

Destraex

Will there be a demo for the rest of us laymen, women and catpeople?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

^Dunno...but I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to a more complete build.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 02, 2021, 02:42:38 PM
Sampstra demos the demo released by Slitherine!

I tried listening to that video but her voice is too much like a high pitched 13 year olds. Grinds my ears.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Con

Arise my Necron brothers and time to push this thread alive again

I just picked this game up got the bundle (pretty expensive) but I am having a blast
Cant put it down in the campaign and now working on the Planetary Supremacy.  Time for Ork Boyz to go Waaaaagh

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

This is a great game. Definitely one of the better 40K titles in recent memory. I have almost 60 hours into it and still going strong.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog