Rush Limbaugh Has Died

Started by Labbug, February 17, 2021, 12:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Just saw this.  Damn.  RIP Rush.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Sad...especially since we knew it was coming.

I was never really a fan of his and never listened to him. But, I am saddened to think that there is probably a large vocal population in the country that is cheering this news.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Michael Dorosh

I'm old enough to remember Rush Rooms though I never actually went to one.

I have at least one of his books on my shelves. My opinion of him has changed over the years, but there is no denying that he was an important figure in explicitly conservative news and opinion reporting. Seeing how far we've come from allegedly neutral news sources, I'm not sure it has been a positive change, but I wouldn't lay the blame for that at his feet. I think he was just savvy enough to read the prevailing winds and ride them.

He was the one that really got me to think critically about the difference between right and left. His example of the California jurisdiction buying shopping carts for homeless people resonated with me. 

Toonces

I am most definitely not a Rush fan, although I did listen to him for a long time just for the entertainment value.

However, I certainly am not celebrating his death.  I hope we as a country haven't become that polarized.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on February 17, 2021, 03:30:18 PM

However, I certainly am not celebrating his death.  I hope we as a country haven't become that polarized.

Regrettably, we have. At least, much of us have.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Sir Slash

Not surprisingly I was a big fan of Rush. I won't go into the politics, but he was genius at creating an entirely new and unique entertainment industry, Talk Radio. And made it work despite not really being sure it would. He was intelligent without going to college, an excellent communicator, advocate, and teacher. He often moved Libs on his radio show to the front of the line in order to engage with them politically and usually very respectfully. And he was smart enough to never run for office. A very sad day for all us, 'Ditto-Heads'.  :'(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.