War in the east 2 coming soon

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 17, 2021, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

Can't wait for this one.  I really like how the other theaters are represented so the full war in Europe is actually being acounted for outside the playspace on the eastern front.  I for one never enjoy managing the Finnish front in these games, so I'm very happy to see that front streamlined into the full European war.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

fabius

Quote from: al_infierno on March 05, 2021, 04:41:41 AM
Can't wait for this one.  I really like how the other theaters are represented so the full war in Europe is actually being acounted for outside the playspace on the eastern front.  I for one never enjoy managing the Finnish front in these games, so I'm very happy to see that front streamlined into the full European war.

I'm unsure whether I just dreamt this.

But I have a memory, reality or dream? that it's been said that one aim of EFx2 was to later expand to fully incorporate managing the West Front too.

The greyed out enlarged map covering the west and North Africa looks like that may end up being the case.

bobarossa

The fact they added roads to the logistical/movement layers means it now has the ability to work on western front, both before and after Barbarossa.  Maybe as DLC's that add new theaters.

Sir Slash

OHHH... That would be a Rabbit-Hole I would happily dive into.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

88mmkwk

I guess I would play an integrated WitW and WitE2 when I get bored with the simplicity of War in the Pacific...   ;)
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Zulu1966

Quote from: al_infierno on March 05, 2021, 04:41:41 AM
Is that the case with the new game - frankly I like the extra dimension of the finish front so bit disappointed to hear its an abstract in the new game ..
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

fabius

Quote from: Zulu1966 on March 05, 2021, 04:07:13 PM

Is that the case with the new game - frankly I like the extra dimension of the finish front so bit disappointed to hear its an abstract in the new game ..
The latest dev talk vid that talked about this. Roughly saying, they wanted Finland, but the war there was sufficiently different to be a bridge too far for release. And they said "maybe a dlc"
I suspect it's a fairly low-hanging-fruit dlc for them to go for early ish.

Redwolf

Matrix needs a US shipping center.

It is one thing that we pay so much, but letting it all go to the post office instead of the developers is a waste.

bruce205

Release tomorrow! Anyone else getting excited ?  I preordered game with hardcover manual.

Bruce

devoncop

Quote from: bruce205 on March 24, 2021, 09:09:56 AM
Release tomorrow! Anyone else getting excited ?  I preordered game with hardcover manual.

Bruce

Yep definitely  !

Strategygaming Dojo on You Tube has been given an advance copy and has just begun one of his excellent tutorial  series on the new game .

My only decision now is whether to play it from tomorrow  or wait until my hardback 5 kilo manual arrives sometime after the 16th April .......

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

bruce205

Thanks Devoncop !  I'll check it out.  I have Robert Kirchubel's Atlas of the Eastern Front to pore over as well !

Bruce

nelmsm

I was going to wait until my anniversary coupon came but the wife is going to Vegas with a friend next week so I'll probably pop for this so I have some unfettered time to explore it.  Coupon can go to WarPlan Pacific.

Geezer

Quote from: nelmsm on March 24, 2021, 06:01:13 PM
I was going to wait until my anniversary coupon came but the wife is going to Vegas with a friend next week so I'll probably pop for this so I have some unfettered time to explore it.  Coupon can go to WarPlan Pacific.

You can buy more than one game with the coupon as long as you buy them all at the same time.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

nelmsm

Quote from: Geezer on March 25, 2021, 03:02:46 AM
Quote from: nelmsm on March 24, 2021, 06:01:13 PM

You can buy more than one game with the coupon as long as you buy them all at the same time.

I know but not much else I want

Geezer

OK, just wanted to make sure you were aware.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw