War in the east 2 coming soon

Started by Grim.Reaper, February 17, 2021, 09:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabius

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 03, 2021, 02:01:15 PM
Quote from: fabius on March 03, 2021, 01:43:41 PM
Ha I actually searched for Let's Plays after checking the local cost in the basket earlier.
Didn't find any yet, but highly suspect that they are likely to push me over the edge.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSgMOSrhbsUYJTGYjlefu5P6g23FSoJQg

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbSx_b5pOYvFwl7muMSs9mUaalcfjqZQf

For the smaller scenarios :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZWHrzhtcONqzJ7i-DLpcpXjJGG1UNnKg

Thanks, very excite for a moment, but I meant War in the East 2 Let's Plays.

Father Ted

Quote from: 88mmkwk on March 03, 2021, 01:25:02 PM
I've held off buying WitE for a while since I learned that WitE 2 was coming.  I had planned on pre-ordering and was excited to hear that there was an option to include a hardcover full color 500+ page manual.  What I did not expect was that the manual is printed in the UK, and us normally spoiled US buyers have to pay international shipping to get it here in the states.  The manual apparently weighs about 5 pounds and even when you factor in the current pre-order 10% discount, WitE 2 with the hardcover manual shipped to the states comes out to $142.10!!!

With Royal Mail Delivery:
1 item      $91.99
Shipping   $38.70
Tax           $11.41
Total       $142.10

I'm not used to having to pay this much for shipping and have always felt bad for overseas buyers.  Now the shoe is on the other foot, and it likely will be sufficient for me to skip getting this game..... Color me sad.....

FWIW I have the WitW  manual and it's not particularly useful.  It's a sort of Encyclopedia of the game rather than a manual of how to play it.  I've barely looked at it.  Save your $$ and just get the D/L
of the game would be my advice.

al_infierno

But the artwork is so cool this time around!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

nelmsm

I'd love to preorder this but without the hardbound manual which I figure will be mostly out of date after the first patch or two.  I'm forcing myself to wait until my anniversary coupon comes in April which should be close to 50%.  Hoping Distant Worlds 2 will be out by then as well so I can double up.  Was hoping FlashPoint Campaigns: Southern Storm would be ready but it looks like it won't be until the end of the year.

88mmkwk

I'm one of those freakizoids that just loves high quality hardcover color manuals for games like this....sometime I like them even more than the games!

The situation is made worse by the short-lived nature of both their availability and their accuracy.  I recently got into War in the Pacific : Admiral's Edition.  That game is a major change from the base WitP, and the manual was never officially updated, so it's kind of a "manual-less" game now.  But considering I got into it via Strategy Gaming Dojo's YouTube videos, maybe it's just a sign of the times that videos do what manuals used to try to do.  BTW, I have great respect for Shadow Empire and how Vic makes major changes to things in the game and regularly goes back and updates the PDF manual!

Conversely, I'm also a big fan of Decisive Campaigns : Barbarossa, although I only recently got into it.  The hardcover manual is no longer for sale and never will be (except used maybe).  So I missed my chance on that game.

So I've got a real dilemma on my hand with this WitE 2 situation and a short window to get a manual for a game that will likely be enjoyable for the rest of my days.  But $142 to pull the trigger?? Holy crapola that's a fistfull of ducats for someone like me that mostly admires playing these games from afar.....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Father Ted

Quote from: 88mmkwk on March 03, 2021, 06:25:32 PM
I'm one of those freakizoids that just loves high quality hardcover color manuals for games like this....sometime I like them even more than the games!

Well if you wants it you wants it

Pete Dero

Quote from: fabius on March 03, 2021, 05:55:01 PM
Thanks, very excite for a moment, but I meant War in the East 2 Let's Plays.

I think that they can't exist at this moment.   And as was posted before by Stolypin : anyone who learns/knows WITE1 will be set to easily grasp WITE2.

Pete Dero

https://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

Now live : It's Tea Time with Slitherine | WitE2 first look

fabius

Quote from: Pete Dero on March 04, 2021, 11:34:23 AM
https://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

Now live : It's Tea Time with Slitherine | WitE2 first look
Oh you high rollin, slick strutting, hard hittin pimp.

Thanks !!  :bd:

al_infierno

Are any of you guys actually able to access the stream?  When I click that link I just see an archive of months-old streams, and the top one says it's a WitE2 stream from 5 hours ago, but it's clearly Panzer Corps 2 gameplay.  What's going on?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Ubercat

Yes, we'd both like to know

Edit: Jesus Christ! Check out the video that autoloads after this one! I'm in tears over here.

Sorry for the hijack. I really can't wait to see some footage of the game.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bobarossa

If you click on the War in the East 2 videos image below that Panzer 2 twitch stream it says "No videos found"!  This may be a bad omen! Or just another technical glitch on twitch.

al_infierno

;D

If you have Facebook, they uploaded the stream there.  Not sure why it's only showing up there by not on Twitch.  https://www.facebook.com/slitherine

- MengJiao

bobarossa

they may have just fixed it.  It's full of stars!

edit: wow, that guy needs to drink less caffiene!  I need subtitles to understand british english spoken at 2X.

Pete Dero

Quote from: bobarossa on March 04, 2021, 06:38:46 PM
If you click on the War in the East 2 videos image below that Panzer 2 twitch stream it says "No videos found"!  This may be a bad omen! Or just another technical glitch on twitch.

It seems they changed some titles !

This one is the real first look video (somewhat hidden on the channel).

Stream Title: War in the East 2 | Reveal Stream with XTRG : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/936695900

YT alternative :